Just bought a 2002 Yukon. Got some questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ultim8SVT

Reaction score
Hey guys, newbie here from Miami. Just purchased a 2002 Yukon SLE with 99,000 miles. Believe it or not I got it for $3,700. Former owner couldn't deal with the fuel consumption & leased a Hyundai. Go figure. Exterior definitely has issues. All the moldings are done. They are all cooked from the sun. In fact I'm already in the process of removing them. I will leave the car without any moldings for the time being. I think it looks better without them anyway. Paint is very glossy but the clear coat is pealing in a couple spots. The roof is completely faded. I will get the roof painted next month. The interior is in very good condition. It just needs a good cleaning.

Anyway, this will become my wife's daily driver in a couple weeks. Until then, there are a couple things I'd like to learn about the truck. There are fog light holes where the fog lights are supposed to go. The fog lights button turns on/off. Am I to assume the SLE brought fog lights from factory?

Also, I have noticed the RPM's on the truck are below 600 when the truck is idling. Is that normal?

Last but not least, I discovered there's a sub woofer in the driver's side rear of the truck. It is not working. In fact the entire stereo sounds worst than a 1986 Atari system, lol. Where is the amp located?

Ultim8SVT

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention. I'm removing all the chrome accents from the truck including the 22 inch wheels w/new tires. I'm selling the wheels for $1,000 firm. The rest of the chrome I'm tossing.

I'd like to trade my wheels for 2007-2012 OEM Tahoe wheels.