Just purchased a 2000 tahoe a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southlake

Reaction score
After purchasing a 2000 LT and doing a lot of research here I have a few questions. The dash lights didn't work, I didn't notice it at the time of purchase but got a new headlight switch and solved that problem. I am having some heat issues. This weekend I back flushed the core and it has not gotten better. I blows hot then slowly cool off. Is this an actuator problem or the core itself? Do you guys all still use Dexacool or some thing else? I'm planning on flushing the whole system and seeing if that helps. The coolant reservoir seems to only have one line "fill cool" Is this the top off line when refilling system? I'm hoping that I can get this taken care of before it starts getting cold. I also have the squeaks going down the road. I read that it is caused by the lower portion of the upper insulator. Should I replace both parts or just the lower portion of the upper insulator? Lastly my back seat does not seem to be locking into place any tricks to getting it to click?

Thanks
Southlake!

Felipe

Reaction score
don't know about the rest but if you have dexcool in it now(orange) stay with it. If there is any left in there , and there usually is, bad things can happen. If you don't already have one a haynes manual is good to have.

Southlake

Reaction score
Thanks Felipe. I flushed the system and filled it with Dexcool. The heater is working again.

keek007

Reaction score
i dont use dex. mainly cause it sucks but also cause it had green in the radiator when i got it. my intake leaks so after that repair i wont be going back to dex anyway but maybe I'll regret that later as i have heard the argument both ways. soon as i can ill be replacing the engine with a new one. i just want to get the initial fix overwith