My Z-28 that can tow (1997 2dr Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pineymike

Reaction score
Greetings -
I got this nearly a year ago and love it. This is a 1997 2-door that I got from the original owner. It was his 'garage queen' and it is for me as well.

Came with the original bill of sale, all the receipts for all the work done to it along with a litany of upgrades. Has 149k on it but I only drive it about 1k per year as it is just to put the boat in the water and to take my girls to the ball fields across town.

tahoe-1.jpg

tahoe-3.jpg

Original paint!!
tahoe-2.jpg

It has a couple of small dings but it is otherwise really clean for a 17 year old vehicle.

Besides the lift, it has an all aluminum radiator, Alcoa rims, TJM bumper, deep cycle battery, K&N filter, cross drilled & slotted front brakes, and after-market leather. It turns heads in these parts and does a great job pulling pulling the boat.

pineymike

Reaction score
No, I always wanted a Z-28 but they are impractical. This is just as cool as a Z-28 but it can tow!

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! Ok. I get it. Nice rig though. The only thing I don't like is the front bumper. IMO. If you like it, that's all that counts.

pineymike

Reaction score
Yea, it is a bit much. Freaking expensive though - when I got it I figured that I'd just take it off until I saw how involved that was going to be. I'm in The South though and it fits right in.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hides the grill. I like the grill look. Did you get the old front bumper and all attaching brackets/hardware when you bought the truck? Be great if you did. Also not a big fan of the steps under the doors. Those look like skin rippers on the legs. Ouch! Maybe eventually get some electric running boards that hide/tuck up when door closes. Hell, I can spend your money any way I want.

pineymike

Reaction score
It came with all the original stuff (radiator mounts and stuff) but no bumper. I put the steps on because my wife is short and my girls are young. There are no sharp edges on them though.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the end the only thing that counts is whether you like it and that it does what you bought it for. The girls probably love the challenge of climbing in to the truck. Probably look forward to it. Anyways, a nice rig and I am jealous. I wish I still had my 96 2 door back. I kick myself every day for selling it years ago.

pineymike

Reaction score
I always loved them but always had a company car. Now I've got a third garage bay & wanted something that was going to be good to tow with. I had a F150 King Ranch 4x4 with a 6 foot bed for 2 years prior to this but it was a waste of money as little as I drive my toys. Sold that, paid cash for this and my property tax bill went down by 650 bucks. This is so much easier to put the boat in with it ain't funny.

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's what counts. Saving money and actually getting something that does the job easier. Good luck with all of it. :happy160: