Never thought I'd do this but...... HELP!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NAPLES_TAHOE

Reaction score
Hello all. First, let me say that I'm very happy to join the Tahoe family. For the past ten years, I've been proud Dodge Cummins owner. The time came to sell the truck and I knew exactly what I wanted.

I've been a part of cumminsforum.com for a long time and the one thing I always had to smile at were the threads started by folks asking for help with wheels, tires, and suspension. It's such an opinion based issue, it's important edible to walk away with a "wrong" answer.

Guys, I don't know the first thing about Tahoes. I have no idea what fits and what doesn't. I have no idea what aftermarket companies are worthy of my money and which ones aren't. Because of that, I'm humbly begging for some guidance.

I just purchased an 07 Tahoe. It's white and completely stock. I know I want to do black wheels and a lowering kit. Because I don't know the first thing about Tahoes, I have no idea what kind of a lowering kit I need. That creates an issue choosing wheels. I want a flush look but I can't stand tires rubbing. Do I go with 22" or 24" wheels after the lowering? The biggest issue I've always had with wheels is getting the offset correct. I went through three sets of wheels with the last truck before getting right. I'm NOT doing that again. I need help with that before anything else. NO RUBBING!!!!

As you guys can see, one problem leads to the other problem. Any help would be great!!!

Last but not least, let's chat about some me performance mods. I'm only looking to increase fuel mileage, not win races. What do they make for these trucks? Is it just a chip or do they make hand-held programmers? Do cold air intakes make a difference in these trucks?

Again folks, I SORRY for being "that guy". I hate writing this more than you hate reading this.

Thanks!!!!!

canakin

Reaction score
I had the Volant Cold air intake and Corsa touring exhaust. Nice setup. I then had a tune done by Black Bear Performance (sponsor on here). The combination livened the 5.3 up nicely.

I have no idea about lowering them. If it were me, for the OEM fit and functionality blessing, I would look to see if the police suspension can be easily swapped in and out?? Just a thought. Would only bring it down a couple inches though. Good luck.

07burb

Reaction score
I've got a 2/4 drop via BellTech kit and it rides like a dream. The ride quality is even better than stock IMO