New build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the baPhoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well alot has happened since thr last time I posted.
here's the skinny.
She's now a swapped 6.0 lq4. Cammed, billet stalled, full 3" duals no cats dumped before the axle through borla xr1s, speed density dyno tuned, 4l80e, full float and gusseted rear end true yukon grizzly locker with moly axels yukon 4.56 gears, uniballed and hiemed full moly steering linkages, AGR super pump 2 and AGR super box variable ratio, performance water pump, flex a lite monster e fans, tru-cool 40k trans cooler, mishimoto power steering cooler, all PS trans and PCV lines are AN steel braided same with the brakes. Holley hi-ram EFI ceramic coated intake manifold with ceramic coated fuel rails,105mm throttle body, custom 4" cold air intake with prefilter, which will be part of my intercooler piping. Dual core radiator, 52# injectors, Walbro 450 in tank e85 compatible pump. My builder screwed me, blew a cylinder and passed it off to the diff shop hoping I would not notice. Now she's getting a full build,magnafuel fuel system, 30 gallon fuel cell, 80# injectors, 76 mil turbo with a 91ar hot side, 3" thick A2a intercooler, TiAL 50mm BOV and wastegate, alcohol injection, PLX DM100 OBD2 scan gauge, oil pressure and plx dm6 touch screen dual wide band o2 in the a pillar, bore and possible stroke depending on damage. I've already got a moly 6 over I beam setup going on before the engine comes out so the shock hoops will be relocated for their final position before the engine goes back to its home. Then the 4 link install and caging. She's still my daily.
Plated outer arm 120 wall moly trailing arm 4 link with 1.25 FK moly hiems all the way around. Here's a few pics.

Here's the bean setup. Never used just mocked up on the doner truck.

Half droop.

Here's the 4 link Setup. Those 120 wall moly trailing arms are beefy!

Hardened moly axle shafts with aerospace grade splines. Top of the line bearings.

This was going to go on the BattleWagon but I've decided to go with a larger turbo 78MM with a 4" inet and outlet 91ar cold sidea for quick spooling. This is a 74mm with 91ar hot side. Now it's going in the typhoon. That's a 34 ounce Asahi can for reference.

TCS 2900 rpm billet stall converter. They do great work.

LMK what you think. the 4 link will have one triple bypass fox 2.5 16" shock and a fox 2.5 16" coilover both with reservoirs per side. The beams will have fox 2.5 internally bypassed 14 " coilovers with reservoirs also. A bit spend but it will between 22 and 26" of travel bumped and strapped.

Once the beams are done my engine gets yoinked built and the turbo system installed then she comes home. After that she goes back to my suspension guy for the 4 link and mild interior caging. Taking out the rear bench if I have too and replacing them with fat man reclining race seats and 5 point harnesses. she'll be 600rwhp and about 640ftlbs of torque. Should be fun. Then on to the typhoon. 72mm turbo 50mm tial wastegate and 50mm HKS SSQV4 blow off valve on the huge a2w setup. I'm pretty happy with these projects.

Last edited:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO???? Your building a full size Typhoon????? Cool......

the baPhoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a 2wd tahoe. Better travel length without CV axles.

The typhoon is just my other build. Love both trucks but I can't drive the ty 5 months out of the year. Plus we only have bad gravel roads. The next time she's going down one of these gravel roads it's because I'm moving back to civilization.