OEM vs Pioneer Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyphix

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently bought a 2011 LS that came with an aftermarket Pioneer touch screen radio. My issue is, since I bought the car I found multiple things that would not work as a result.

- Bluetooth
- OnStar
- Parking Sensors
- Turn signal noise
- Steering wheel controls

I went ahead and got them to add a module to the unit to get the bluetooth working (they had to install an aftermarket microphone) as well as the steering wheel controls (except the phone control bottons).

I debating swapping out the aftermarket touchscreen radio (I think its a AHX-25000BT or something like that) for the base (no touch) OEM one for free? I was told by a local mechanic (not Chevy) that the sound with the aftermarket JP Audio speakers and digital amp would suffer without the aftermarket radio (since no custom settings). Is that true?

What would you guys do? I am also debating paying the difference between the OEM radio none touch to get the touch screen that comes with the LT/LTZ. Does anyone know the actual costs if I were to buy them both outside of Chevy?

kntrydr

Reaction score
I have a similar aftermarket head unit in my hoe and yes you do lose the onstar I guess the question is do you use it there really isn't much of a Turn signal noise even with the factory head unit and I have never heard of the parking sensors not working after putting in a aftermarket head unit when you install a aftermarket head unit in a hoe you need a special harness to adapt it to the factory harness and keep everything still working I know some guys know how to bypass some of the factory wiring which makes the radio work but some of the factory features don't anymore you should have a look at how it is installed and see if it was done correctly or on the cheap the harness adaptor for your truck can cost anywhere from $100-300 good luck