Oil Life Reset Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokChsr

Reaction score
I've tried searching for this, but came up empty so far. So I'm hoping someone here might have an idea.

For years my 06 Tahoe Z71 4WD 5.3, would properly reset the oil life back to 100%. Now for the last 2 oil changes it has decided that it doesn't want to. On the previous reset attempt it would only reset to 82%.
On the most recent Oil Change it only reset to 52%. This isn't really a big problem just quite odd.
I did note that when it only reset to 82% that it still took the same 10K or so miles to get down to 0%.

Of course when it didn't fully reset the first time I reset it several times all going to only 82%. Now that it's only resetting to 52% I'll have to see how it does.

What I am worried about is that this is actually indicative of a problem in the ECM or BCM depending on which one is responsible for tracking the engine oil life.