people with navigation look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Document ID# 1990303
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: DVD Navigation Update Program, AVN Software Update Discs and Ordering Information #06-08-44-012B - (06/19/2007)

Models: 2006-2008 GM Passenger Cars and Trucks (including Saturn)

2006-2008 HUMMER H2, H3

2006-2008 Saab 9-7X

Attention: Please direct this information to your Sales Consultants, Service Consultants, Parts Personnel and Used Car Department.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2008 model year and describe new policy changes. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-44-012A (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).

DVD Navigation Update Program
To improve customer satisfaction with factory-installed DVD Navigation Systems, General Motors offers a Navigation Disc Update Program for 2006 and 2007 model year vehicles. Offering GM customers new navigation DVDs will ensure that the customers have the latest information for their system. The data on the DVD map disc ages at a rate of 15-20% per year. As the data ages, the functionality of the navigation system declines. All navigation systems utilize the DVD disc for map and points of interest data.

The DVD Navigation Update Program policy has changed for the 2008 model year. 2008 model year vehicles are NOT eligible for free annual updates; however, a navigation DVD update disc can be purchased for $199 (USD) + shipping.

Navigation Disc Update Program Details:
• All 2006-2007 model year customers who purchase or lease GM vehicles (excluding Saab) with a factory-installed navigation system are eligible to receive two free annual updates.

- Owners will be contacted annually, on or about the anniversary of their vehicle delivery date.

- Owners must indicate that they want an update via a toll free number, or through the web.

- Owners will be contacted the second time at the second anniversary date of their delivery.

• 2008 model year vehicles are NOT eligible for free annual updates. 2008 model year customers may purchase a DVD map update for $199 (USD) + shipping. The DVD map updates are available annually at the beginning of the new model year.

• All certified used vehicle customers (Optimum in Canada) with a factory installed navigation system, who purchased their vehicle from April 2006 or later, will receive one free update after their delivery. Owners will receive a free update within 60 days of their vehicle purchase. If the certified used vehicle (Optimum in Canada) vehicle contains the latest disc, the free update will be sent at the time the disc is updated.

• Navigation discs will no longer be available through GMSPO.

- Dealers will be able to order a replacement DVD through the web or by contacting the GM Navigation Disc Center in the event a replacement DVD is required under warranty (for Saab, this applies to the 9-5 and 9-7X models).

- Owners of 2005 model year and prior vehicles can order an update or replacement via the web or toll free number at market price.

- Further information regarding the availability of updates for Saab certified pre-owned vehicles will be released in the near future.

• The GM Navigation Disc Center launched on March 15, 2006. There are two ways to obtain an updated disc.

- Via the web through gmnavdisc.com

- GM Navigation Disc Center 1-877-628-3472

- The GM Navigation Disc Center is also the center of expertise for navigation system questions.

AVN Software Update Discs
Technical Service Bulletins are sometimes generated to address specific navigation radio operational or performance issues. When a navigation radio bulletin is issued, it will contain instructions to utilize an advanced vehicle navigation (AVN) software update with a specific part number. GM dealers must order advanced vehicle navigation (AVN) software update discs from the GM Navigation Disc Center. These discs will no longer be available from GMSPO.

AVN software update discs are for the dealer to update the navigation radio software only. They do NOT update or replace the navigation map disc that is supplied with the vehicle. Please order these parts only as needed. There is a limited supply of these discs available. Do not order these discs for stock. AVN software update discs can be used to reprogram more than one vehicle. The first update disc for each P/N is free. Subsequent copies of the same P/N for the same dealer will cost $50 (USD).

To obtain an AVN software update disc, contact the GM Navigation Disc Center at 1-877-628-3472.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Document ID# 1990303
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just added $398 to the 2008s. :mad:

Buying the first year of a new model is always a double-edged sword. First you have to live with all of the new gremlins but you avoid the decontenting that usually takes place over the life of the model.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, brodg,

Really great info!!! Where exactly did you get this bulletin? Online? I bought my '07 w/ NAV certified, so I'm going to inquire about my free update @ the Chevy dealer tomorrow... ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's a GM tech with access to all that stuff... The 2007's DO have the free nav update discs for two years, they apparently got rid of that for '08 though -- I guess the General couldn't spare another $5.00 over the life of the vehicle. Oh well. Glad I'm gettin' mine tho! :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read someware their doing it to incourage people to subscribe to the directions and connections plan insted of getting nav. i dont know why, i would much rather have nav, using onstar is too much like asking for directions. :rolleyes2: