Torsion Bar Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayrigsby14

Reaction score
hey everyone I'm new here ive looked in on alot of posts and have seen alot of great advice which has helped me. But now I got my own question so bare with me please. :)

I have a 01 Yukon ive had bad luck with tires everything from 22" to 16". So I listened to people around me advice on what was wrong then buy apart and look at what you guys say how to do it. Ive never worked on a car before changed the oil is about it.

ive changed upper and lower ball joint, cv axle, tie rods, wheel hub and now my latest problem the torsion bar mount
I think I posted two pics the good one is the passenger side the bad one is driver side

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_140845.jpg
    IMG_20160604_140845.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20160604_140923.jpg
    IMG_20160604_140923.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8

chubbs

Reaction score
Yep looks like a problem. Have you repaired it? Did the replacement bushing correct your drive ability problems??

jayrigsby14

Reaction score
I haven't repaired it yet. A couple reasons why
1. im gonna weld it myself
2. when I take the torsion bar out do I have to worry about it being bent or can I just take the old mount off and weld new one on and slide the bar back in to position

ty for your time

chubbs

Reaction score
Hey bub it's your lucky day. I came across this write-up, complete with pics!

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/torsion-bar-crossmember-bushing-replacement.95499/

The part numbers for what you need are noted in the thread. Order them today and get it replaced before you do more damage to your truck. If you do not have a ball joint pressing & removal kit with an advanced set of adapters, you will have a hard time replacing the bushings yourself, especially if you have never done this type of work before. The thread is very informative & you should get a good idea as to your capabilities of DIY or if it should be referred to a professional.

Last edited: