Vibration Issue @ speed over 55 MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalTahoe12

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Tahoe Owners,
I need some help. I have a 2012 Tahoe. I have a vibration at speeds over 55 mph. The truck has been doing this for the past two years and I cant find the problem, nor can my mechanic. It feels like a tire balance issue, but I have been through 3 sets of tires and still vibration is there. Well here it goes....I have also put:
new shocks and struts,
new front axles,
new u-joints,
new calipers and rotors,
Transmission and Motor mounts checked, all good,
Drive shaft checked, all good,
Tires road force balanced.
After all this still have the vibration. I have read that other people have complained about this vibration on 2012 models and up, and even on the 2015/2016 models and GM tells them the vibration is in Spec/Tolerances because they cant even fix this problem. Has anyone had this issue or have heard of it, and if so has anyone been able to fix this problem.

Thanks

spectralen

Reaction score
I have a 2013 PPV and have a slight vibration at just over 70. My truck is bouncing all over at low speeds because of the police springs.
Did you check your driveshaft?

SalTahoe12

Reaction score
hey spec,
yea mechanic said drive shaft is good. kinda given up on it, I think it is what it is...thanks for the reply thou

shane.nelson

Reaction score
So I'm having a vibration issue as well on my 99 Tahoe 4x4. I've done a lot, and I mean a lot to try and solve the problem. This is just a list of what I've done.
-Rebuilt Front and Rear diff.
-Rebuilt transfer case
-Rear drive shaft re-balanced with new slip yoke and u-joints
-New front axel half shafts
-New front wheel hub assemblies
-New 265-70-18 AT Tires on GM wheels off of a 2010 Tahoe
-New upper and lower ball joints
-New(ish) shocks all the way around
Any idea what else it could be? I didn't mind spending the money on these things, even if it didn't fix the problem. I plan on keeping the Tahoe for a long time. However this vibration at 65+ mph is getting annoying. The steering could be tighter to be honest. I kinda thought motor mounts as well. They are original with 160k on the clock. Idler and pitman arm are original as well.