Well used Tahoe vs Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobrainer

Reaction score
I saw some threads on which to buy - but they were about mostly newer / current model years (at the time).

I'm looking to buy an older one - 2008 Tahoe LTZ vs a 2007 Yukon Denali. With 85k mi and 89k mi respectively.

AWD/4WD. Gas milage is a concern, but I honestly don't know if it is as a trade off to the other stuff like better leather, heated steering wheel, etc. We do trips out of state (3-6+ hrs depending on traffic/holidays) to visit family and ride comfort is a primary concern.

What about the On-Star - does it even still work on those vehicles still? Is one better able to get USB / Aux input /BlueTooth in to the radios (kind of a must for us)?

Ajay

Reaction score
I had a 2008 Yukon Denali. I loved it!
- Excellent towing vehicle
- Excellent vehicle for winter roads
- Classy Look
- Very comfortable and quiet for road trips
- Very dependable. Only a few trips to the shop
- The 6.2L engine exhaust note sounds so wonderful!
- Six Speed Automatic is a plus
- On Star works for those model years

There is no built in blue tooth for 2007 / 2008 model years
The best mileage I ever got was 18 MPG
Average around town was 14 MPG
For towing I got about 10 MPG
Requires Premium fuel
The early model year chrome wheels were susceptible to road salt corrosion.
The aluminum tube that feeds freon to the rear a/c condenser is susceptible to corrosion from road salt as is the aluminum power steering pump reservoir and associated tubing.

In all, the Yukon was such a great ride that I sold it at 80K miles so I could buy a 2014 model. I think these vehicles are good for 150K miles easy.

Good luck with your decision but for me, its the Denali hands down.

Last edited: