What up everyone new to the forums, non-owner...yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

little

Reaction score
Whats goin on, can't believe i'd ever find my self joining a chevy site, as i've been a ford guy forever now with mustangs and such. My favorite SUV has always been the tahoe/yukon/denali since they came out with the 2000 model. The styling of that truck was so sweet, but then i'd always peek in the window and just be horrified by that interior so i've always stayed away. Now finally, the truck is looking sweet both inside and out and i'm seriously considering one. I'm still stuck right now on goin with a tahoe, yukon, or Denali. I love big power which is pretty much the only thing steering me towards the denali but however i've yet to drive any of these trucks and can't say how the power is. I like the big motor and six speed in the denali, but it carries a bit of a price tag. In the tahoes, i'm more than likely looking at the LTZ loaded which actually starts to come close to the denali's price tag. Can anyone tell me the other big differences btw the tahoe/yukon comapared to the denali?? Are the same inside materials used? Options?

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What will you be doing with it? Just driving around town and commuting, towing, off road...?

little

Reaction score
Actually i plan on doin everything with it. I do a ton of long distance road trips up north to vermont, canada, etc. I love camping with all my friends every year, i snowboard all winter long, looking to get a kayak for next summer, maybe even a small boat to start. I also will be needing a truck to pull a small trailer with quads and dirtbikes on the back. I currently drive an '01 Benz E430 4-matic and it doesn't cut it, hehe. The other vehicles i'm currently looking at as well are the Infiniti FX (Love the outside styling but interior is bleh), Maybe a used X-5, and also been looking at the expeditions.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to want a tahoe/yukon then, the denali AFAIK does not have a 4wd option.
The tahoe has the Z71 suspension option which is not currently available on the yukon. Drive both, they do feel a bit different, you wont go wrong with either.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Whats goin on, can't believe i'd ever find my self joining a chevy site, as i've been a ford guy forever now with mustangs and such. My favorite SUV has always been the tahoe/yukon/denali since they came out with the 2000 model. The styling of that truck was so sweet, but then i'd always peek in the window and just be horrified by that interior so i've always stayed away. Now finally, the truck is looking sweet both inside and out and i'm seriously considering one. I'm still stuck right now on goin with a tahoe, yukon, or Denali. I love big power which is pretty much the only thing steering me towards the denali but however i've yet to drive any of these trucks and can't say how the power is. I like the big motor and six speed in the denali, but it carries a bit of a price tag. In the tahoes, i'm more than likely looking at the LTZ loaded which actually starts to come close to the denali's price tag. Can anyone tell me the other big differences btw the tahoe/yukon comapared to the denali?? Are the same inside materials used? Options?

Welcome to the forum, Fords are good trucks too, but To me Chevy's rock and have great styling too. I agree that the current 900 series truck is awesome. The basic frame is shared throughout the GMT 900 series trucks and SUV's. The differences are looks and features with the GMC a step below Escalade.
The GMC line of SUV's offer more power, but it is all wheel drive(no low range) in the GMC lineup. The Tahoe line offers low range gearing and a full and part time mode. They all are great trucks, it just boils down to what you're needs are.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2003 Infiniti FX35. If you are thinking of carrying much on your camping/kayaking/snowboarding trips you should definitely go with the Tahoe. the FX is just too small. The one I had also rode like a roller skate. One of the options that wa son the car included the 20inch wheels which were very low profile. The FX I test drove didn't have that option and road much better than the one I bought. Also, on the FX35 the AWD is an option. There is no true 4wd available. Low range can be helpful sometimes. Gas mileage was a little bit better with the FX than my 2007 Tahoe but not much.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also be aware that low profile tires while in 4wd can separate the tread from the sidewall.