03 denali question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 22's on my Denali for some time. While I was under the truck yesterday looking at the o2 sensors. It was then that I seen the keys that everyone talked about to lower the front.

Well, Curosity got the best of me and I cranked the bolts all the way out and then back in 1 turn. I LOVED the look, but HATED the ride. So I took it back to where it was today.

Sooo my question is this everyone. I want to at minimum lower the back to make it an even stance on the truck. I believe this can be accomplished with the following:

3 inch lowering springs
shock relocators

If the front is then 1/2 inch higher, I can take care of that by way of the keys.

What does everyone think of this "plan"? I love the lower stance, but travelling with the family sucks with a ride as I had last night. Would lowering it and adding different shocks give me a better ride? I am open to suggestions, but I don't want to remove the factory keys if I do not have to. As I stated, ALL I WANT to do is level the truck out.

PLEASE help me out with this as I wanting to do this when I get the opportunity.

Find pictures at the following link:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=11100

Thanks everyone!!!!!

alex29573

Reaction score
when you lower the front you should trim the bump stops
that will make the ride less bumpy..

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
IIRC Eibach makes a 2" drop coil. But be warned some people have tried the 2" spring only to find it lowered their vehicle 1/2" in the rear. Others ended up using a 3" drop spring and turing the keys to what would equal a 1/2" drop in front for that leveled look.

BTW if you have auto ride, you will also need the proper height adjuster, IDK who makes that.

stephendudra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLLY!!

IIRC Eibach makes a 2" drop coil. But be warned some people have tried the 2" spring only to find it lowered their vehicle 1/2" in the rear. Others ended up using a 3" drop spring and turing the keys to what would equal a 1/2" drop in front for that leveled look.

BTW if you have auto ride, you will also need the proper height adjuster, IDK who makes that.

Above is exactly what I am thinking of doing.

I have found this kit on ebay. Anyone have any news or anything else on if this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...90274189835&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search some of my posts, this has been discussed at great length. A brief summation:

You have autoride shocks and cannot replace them with shorter shocks so I'd decrank the stock keys slightly and add some 3" rear springs with shock extensions for a proper drop.

Spindles will allow you to lower the truck without diminishing the shock travel, most are 2" drop.

ANY time you adjust the torsion bar adjuster bolts the truck will need to be re-aligned. Torsion springs are just like any other, once you "change" the spring the truck is no longer aligned to spec.

I would strongly recommend the free-travel mod, even if you're keeping the truck stock it helps the ride immensely.

Use the search function or just look through my posts lol. Best of luck modding, here is what a denali looks like with a 3/5 drop and 275/55/20 tires

DSC01485.jpg

With the front raised 1" for about 2/4.5 drop since I re-installed the coil isolators for winter
DSC01696.jpg

Hope this helps ya, pm me if you have any other questions I have a vast knowledge of useless bullsh*t regarding these trucks.