03 Tahoe pedals don’t adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fun4x4

Reaction score
I just purchased an 03 tahoe with drivers seat memory. The brake pedal is adjusted all the way up and the buttons don’t seem to do anything. I have seen other threads that mention the relay clicking. I do not hear a relay clicking. I assume either the relay or drivers seat module are bad. I don’t plan on necessarily fixing the problem but I would like to move the pedals down. Does anyone know where to go to power the motor directly to move it down?

PNW NBS Z71

Reaction score
The problem can be the motor, the switch or the armature that moves the pedal assembly. That armature gets gummed up and cruddy and can cause problems with the other parts burning out. You can also look for a fuse or relay for it. Lots of relays are interchangeable and can be swapped to see if it all works by just having a new relay. Check some you tube videos about this. I am not in the habit of figuring out a way to band aid something so that is why I recommend the videos to at least get you in the ball park.

By the way, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Fun4x4

Reaction score
I have checked the fuse but have been unable to find the location of the relay. YouTube has proven unhelpful also

PNW NBS Z71

Reaction score
The switch will feed power to the actuator motor that moves the pedal assembly. It plugs in. Back probe at the wires at the plug in when using the switch.