03 tahoe pulling left and right under acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jericho

Reaction score
Okay so I have a 03 tahoe lt. It's the awd model. I installed 3 inch torsion key leveling kit. And the truck began to shift left to right under acceleration and my steering wheel turns by itself when throttling or letting off of the throttle. I've replaced upper and lower control arms. Ball joints. Wheel bearings. Tie rods. Sway bar end links. And still no fix. So I finally just yanked the awd t case and swapped a 4x4 one out and pulled the axles so its 2wd. The problem is alot better but still there slightly. So what does this sound like?

boothill

Reaction score
Check your four wheel alignment. An easy check to start with is if the distance from the center of front to rear wheel is the same on both sides. If they are the same, check if your truck is dog tracking on the road. If all that is good, see if you have a bent rim. My guess is it is the alignment. Each axle is trying to go in a slightly different direction until it hits a point that the other pushes back enough to shift left then right then repeats.