04 with strange noise in cab r/ rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deacon

Reaction score
My wife inherited my 04 when it was just a couple years old, I got a company truck so she got the T. It now has 201,900 miles and tighter than a tic. Anyway she has a noise in the right rear behind the molding in the pillar. It was kind of a pulsating growl and it obviously has something to do with the rear a/c. When I first checked it out it was making the noise constantly. But after I started playing with the switches it now only does it when I turn the key off, and it can be on or off. Why in the H would it Growl? At first it sounded like the rear windshield wiper motor running, which it wasn't. I mean I know that is connected with the rear A/C but why a Growl. I am hoping with all the 04's on the road someone has had this issue before. Oh, I forgot the AC front & rear is working good, could use charged up maybe. And it can make the growl or not whether it is on or off????? Very strange...

Deacon

Reaction score
My wife inherited my 04 when it was just a couple years old, I got a company truck so she got the T. It now has 201,900 miles and tighter than a tic. Anyway she has a noise in the right rear behind the molding in the pillar. It was kind of a pulsating growl and it obviously has something to do with the rear a/c. When I first checked it out it was making the noise constantly. But after I started playing with the switches it now only does it when I turn the key off, and it can be on or off. Why in the H would it Growl? At first it sounded like the rear windshield wiper motor running, which it wasn't. I mean I know that is connected with the rear A/C but why a Growl. I am hoping with all the 04's on the road someone has had this issue before. Oh, I forgot the AC front & rear is working good, could use charged up maybe. And it can make the growl or not whether it is on or off????? Very strange...

Follow up - Well it is not the rear Blower motor. I had it out and failed to find one in stock so I put it back in without installing all the molding. She said it growled bad on the way to work but not on the way home. I drove it to get the mail and it growled on me for about 3 seconds and then stopped. I looked back there when I got back home and found that when I stabbed the motor back in I did not plug in the power so it was not the blower fan - so does anyone know what else is back there that could make the growl?