05 Tahoe 5.3 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickMaria

Reaction score
Hoping to find some help. 1st is this. whej i put gas in, it stops the gas and have to wait for the gas to go down before i can continue to fill the tank. which takes me about 15 minutes to fill all the way. dont know what it could be.2nd, the truck runs good but seems to lack power when i floor the pedal to move around traffic,its like it will get up and go but takes time ,even if i floor it from a dead stop it is sluggish but then starts going . 3rd is the same as number 2 but when i have the a/c on slow starts but speed as i am driving. 4th issue is the weird one. Stabality system disabled displayed,and t/c light on dash comes on. then the truck barely moves when i push the gas pedal all the way down. it does this when i have a/c on and hit a bump in the road,then i have to pull over shut the truck off and open then close door and restart the truck and it works fine again until i turn the a/c and hit a bump in the road. it does it sometimes even without the a/c on and it is real hot outside or if i am in traffic . It is weird. has anyone had any of these issues and can help me out on what to do to get these issues fixed . Thank You.

SteveCV

Reaction score
Weird Problems

I had a variety of odd electrical issues and random error messages on the DIC. As it turned out, the positive battery cable was loose with a lot of white corrosion under the cable. It was hidden under the red plastic safety cap. I am surprised it started. Easy thing to check if you haven't already. Cleaned and tightened the connection and all problems went away.