07 tahoe chrome door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I am looking to install the complete chrome door handles (not covers) on my tahoe and i was wondering if anyone had done it. Also if anyone knows where i can get a hold of the instruction booklet that would be great. I want to see if this is something i could do or whether i have to pay the dealer hundreds of dollars to do it. the part number is 17801937. Thanks

yukonlover85

Reaction score
Yea i have it done on mine i will put a pic on later but the dealer did mine for free (included in the OTD price) but it only took them 30 mins for 4 doors so it cant be that hard

cooltwin

Reaction score
were yours the replacement handles or just the covers? i heard with the replacement handles, the inside of the door has to be taken off. thanks

calientecafe

Reaction score
I went with the covers. Ses or Putco, all the same. You just clean, peal the 3m tape off and stick on. Takes 10 minutes, looks great.

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actualy did it two tone chrome handels

P1012558.jpg

ockevin

Reaction score
Looks nice in two tone...

Do you have another pic of the rims....They are sweet !!!!

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calientecafe said:
where did you get the fender thingys?

this truck is friend of mine, but this is what I do for living.audio/video/etc at the GM dealerships
those fender inserts are from Range Rover Sport. I had to color match them and just added mesh behined

cooltwin

Reaction score
I am still interested in replacing the entire handle. Does anyone have the instructions for installing them, the dealers do not have copies and i cant seem to find anyone who has them. Also if someone did put the replacement ones on, please let me know how hard it was. Thanks

cooltwin

Reaction score
if it were only that simple. From what i hear, it requires many more steps and also i guess there is a specific way to do the drivers door since it has the lock in it. That is why i am trying to find instructions before i decide to do it so i dont mess it up by not knowing what i am doing. Again anyone who has these instructions and could email them to me, it would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

jamac36

Reaction score
gm_geek said:
this truck is friend of mine, but this is what I do for living.audio/video/etc at the GM dealerships
those fender inserts are from Range Rover Sport. I had to color match them and just added mesh behined
On the two tone door handles did you apply only the corner pieces and leave the center off.:D

calientecafe

Reaction score
cooltwin said:
if it were only that simple. From what i hear, it requires many more steps and also i guess there is a specific way to do the drivers door since it has the lock in it. That is why i am trying to find instructions before i decide to do it so i dont mess it up by not knowing what i am doing. Again anyone who has these instructions and could email them to me, it would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

here ya go

EBAY

ac_0.JPG

2b_0.JPG