07 Tahoe no horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dukenukemx

Reaction score
Just got this 07 Tahoe with 193,000 miles and just discovered the horn doesn't work. It does when I hit the horn button on the key fob and I took off one horn and tested it with a battery and it works. Checked the fuse and it's fine, but my tester doesn't show any power going to the fuse. I removed the airbag from the steering wheel and checked the horn button for corrosion and that seems fine. I gave the copper contacts a cleaning and put dielectric grease. Looked under the dash and didn't see any disconnected wires or anything odd.

I'm stuck and can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas they can please share?

dukenukemx

Reaction score
I think it's the clock spring because I removed the steering wheel airbag and the connector to the clock spring behind the wheel and racked the rear connector while holding my multimeter on one of the copper connections and no continuity. I've tried multiple times and then I tried the black wire which worked. The brownish wire has no connection. I'm not 100% sure because I can't remove the wheel yet as my steering wheel puller won't work on this. There's no threads to screw my tool onto. I'm going to have to find a tool or a method to remove it.

dukenukemx

Reaction score
I was able to remove the steering wheel and double check and yes the clock spring has one bad connection just for the horn. So I ordered a new one off Ebay for $28. This YouTube video helped me find a cheap and quick solution to remove the steering wheel. God damn GM having to make my life difficult, and **** electronics.

https://youtu.be/dTOb76tG2k0