07 Yukon rear Seat Overhead monitor installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrcatdrivr

Reaction score
I have recently installed a NAV/DVD player and have yet to connect the VSS, Voice Recognition (no backup camera) as I know I need to but now wish to add the rear seat overhear monitor. I have been told there is a IP Harness required P/N 15859197. I suspect this connects directly to back of HEAD UNIT? I cannot find instructions on how to route this harness from under the dash to its need location in the headliner in rear seat (replacing the overhead light). I suspect either routing through the A pillar and along headliner or along the door floor panel and up B pillar (bewteen the doors) into the headliner. Does anyone have pictures or instructions to install this (OEM monitor). Secondly I need to find the 3 brackets (receiver, retainer and mounting brackets) all of which were not included in the ebay auction nor was any mentioned made indicating these plates are required for installation (ebayers beware you need these brackets.

A second issue I have is while trying to attach the VSS wire in the fuse panel I have yet to determine the correct wire for VSS connection (everything is run) as I was told it is a green/white stripped wire. See the pictures attached and can someone tell me which wire to use as it seems there is no green/white stripe wire. I think it is in the black colored connector..any ideas?

Thirdly, while under the dash (Drivers side) I found a wiring harness which appears to be cut (I bought this vehicle used). It has 4 wires bundled (w/ black electrical tape) together near the diagnostic connector. (see attached pictures) the wires are labeled as below: What is this for?

Dark Blue - AUX
Red/Black Battery
White - ground
Blue/white - CHMSL (what is this?)

my direct email is [email protected]

Attachments

• IMG_3251_1.JPG
    IMG_3251_1.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3252_1.JPG
    IMG_3252_1.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 3