08' Tahoe Hybrid - Transmission fluid change? - Rough shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackOnBlack08

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have searched the forums and google to try and shed some light on my post, but to no avail. I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. The other day, the transmission/computer seemed to be acting funny. The shift points were erratic and jerky both while up shifting and down shifting slow and fast speeds. It is particularly rough when coming to a stop with the downshifting. I am not sure whether this is being caused by the transmission or something going on with the ECU programming of the transmission. The thought had crossed my mind that the transmission fluid may need to be changed, but I haven't found any kind of write up on how to do this. I could be mistaken, but isn't the hybrid transmission different from a standard one? Any help is appreciated. Has anyone else noticed a change in their shifting? It got really rough all of a sudden.