'15 Tahoe - Memory Seats & Parking Assist problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralphtt1

Reaction score
Instructions for the memory seats on my '15 Tahoe say "with the vehicle in park, press the SET button and immediately press the 1 button to set the driver's seat. Should hear a chime and seat will be set."

Doesn't happen and the seat seems to have a mind of its own. Frustrating, to say the least. Visited a dealer today and another Tahoe LTZ on his lot acted the same way. What am I missing?

Also, the parking assist either sets off a chine or the seat vibrates, depending on how you have it set. BUT, all four warning bars have to be lit before you get the seat or chime warning. Seems like the warning should happen with only one or two bars lit up.

Anyone out there have any experience with these problems?

Any advice for a frustrated Tahoe owner . . . ??

:confused:

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the new vehicles is that so many things can be programmed. I mean you can have defrosters or seat AC or heating come on when you start the vehicles

As to your seats make sure the Auto Memory Recall is not turned off. As to the parking assist that may not be set correctly in the Vehicle Personalization.

I find it easier to go through the manual on the computer rather than use the book.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ls and Videos/02_pdf/2k15tahoesub1stPrint.pdf

ralphtt1

Reaction score
I certainly agree that too many things can be programmed. Makes life more complicated than necessary sometimes.

Will try your tips . . . and thanks for the link to the Online Owners Manual.

Much appreciated!

:waytogo:

tahoeforever

Reaction score
Just became a forum member to help you answer the question. I had the exact same problem.

The trick is to make sure you only turn on the start switch to accessory (just hit the button once without putting your foot on the brake). I guess this is a safety feature to prevent people from trying to set the seat memory while the car is running at a red light. LOL.

Then it works like the manual says. Hope this helps you.;)

ralphtt1

Reaction score
Really appreciate the efforts from each of you . . . but still no joy. :shrug:

I have visited the selling dealer twice for these problems . . . they seemed reluctant to write it up as a problem and send me to the shop but instead, referred me to the salesman and sales manager. Neither knew any more about the Tahoe settings than I did so it was like the blind leading the blind.

We have two other Chevy dealers in the immediate area. I plan to give each of them a chance. This whole thing is more of a nuisance than a deal-breaker, but it is just so unnecessary. :Frustrated:

Then again . . . there may be a problem with my Tahoe . . . perhaps a bad component in a PC board that leads to this situation . . . ?? :help:

Or, maybe I'm making a mountain out of molehill . . . time will tell. :whymewhyme:

tahoeforever

Reaction score
Just became a forum member to help you answer the question. I had the exact same problem.

The trick is to make sure you only turn on the start switch to accessory (just hit the button once without putting your foot on the brake). I guess this is a safety feature to prevent people from trying to set the seat memory while the car is running at a red light. LOL.

Then it works like the manual says. Hope this helps you.;)

This is a revision of the earlier statement above. I started my tahoe up and pressed the set button QUICKLY and then pressed the #1 button and it beeped almost immediately. I was able to set driver memory 1 and 2. The step I think is missing is how quickly I pressed the set button.

I know this sounds stupid, but it seems to make all the difference in whether or not the memory buttons are set correctly. I did this process with the tahoe running and in park.

Please give this a try.

Last edited:

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual does say this

Press and release SET, then
immediately press and hold “1”
until a beep sounds.

ralphtt1

Reaction score
Guys . . . I truly appreciate your efforts, but none of this works on my Tahoe. I must have an anomaly in the memory seat circuitry that prevents the seats from initiating the memory function. I can live with it and already have plans to visit a local dealer only five miles away to give him a chance to help. :rolleyes:

Overall I am pleased with the '15 Tahoe and as complex as the systems are on this truck, I am not really surprised to uncover this problem.

Thanks again for trying . . . I'll post again after a visit to the local dealer.

Regards . . .

ralphtt1

Reaction score
Success - - - finally!

The local dealer got me squared away. He didn't do anything all that different. Biggest thing was . . . he had the engine running when he pressed the SET button . . . then when he pressed the '1' button he got the desired chime sound indicating the memory had been set.

I'm sure I tried that combination several times with no success but cannot argue with results. I'm now a happy camper so far as the memory seats are concerned. :waytogo:

Also, according to the dealer, the park assist warning is operating as designed. I would prefer a chime befoe the fourth bar is lit, but at least you get a warning before any damage is done.

Overall, I'm pleased with the dealer's service folks. They did a good job and were very interested in getting these problems squared away.

:boti:

tahoeguy15

Reaction score
I'm having same issue now with memory seats i set it which i know how to do i hear the beep,,but when i go to exit it goes to a different setting and when i enter i gotta press the number to get my position ..i don't think this is right even my 04 tahoe use to go into position when i open the door ...is there a way to like erase all setting and start fresh

wblakeney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having same issue now with memory seats i set it which i know how to do i hear the beep,,but when i go to exit it goes to a different setting and when i enter i gotta press the number to get my position ..i don't think this is right even my 04 tahoe use to go into position when i open the door ...is there a way to like erase all setting and start fresh

It sounds like you have easy exit selected in the vehicle settings. If you do, the seat goes to whatever is programmed in the EXIT button. I have mine set to raise the steering wheel and move the seat back when I turn off the engine and open the door. I do have to push the 1 button when I get back in to return to the saved setting.