1999 Escalade Bose Sub-Woofer Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry Pluta

Reaction score
So I just picked up a console out of a '99/'00 Escalade to install in my '97 Tahoe. It came with the 6 disk changer, Bose power amp, and Bose sub-woofer. I am running an Alpine head in my Tahoe and wondered if there is any way to use the sub-woofer that is in the console? I really know nothing about this Bose stuff. I am not looking for booming sound, but would like a little more kick then the stock Tahoe speakers.

Another question, when I pull the top off of the console what should I see under there. At the front of the console is the sub woofer, behind that are two large connectors, I assume these go to the wiring harness from the stock radio. Under the storage area is the power amp, and finally at the rear of the console are the radio controls. My question should there have been anything else in the middle where those two connectors are?

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Harry Pluta

Reaction score
I found a cool little Blauplunkt powered sub that will fit in the console where the bose unit was. Should be just enough kick for me! Wonder how much all this Bose stuff will pull on ebay?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harry, while dissassembling your new center console, if you happen to see a power amp in there, please let me know. In my 99 Denali, mine took a crap. Worse off, i cant find it. I looked everywhere too. behind the dash, in the glove box, in the back opposite the jack, in the jack compartment, in the muffler. I looked everywhere. behind the radio..
I have a thread about it somewhere-- its the reason I joined this forum..
Yeah, if you see that power amp in there, please let me know before you slap it up on ebay.

Thanks,
pete

Harry Pluta

Reaction score
It is hidden pretty well. If you were to flip the console over, the amp is mounted at the back of the console to a plate under the area where the storage box is. You can only see it if you remove the console and flip it over.

-Harry

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, this is one place havent looked.
By chance, do you suspect theres a way to get to it through the storage area, without removing the console? I'm not sure my tech skills are up to the task of the whole thing coming out.

The symptom is the fornt speakers arent working, and there are 2 amps. one for the front and one for the back ( I understand)
Anyway, were there functioning amp/amps in your used console you might part with?

Harry Pluta

Reaction score
1st Question. No there is no way to remove this puppy without taking the console out. Once you have it out you will see why, it is screwed into the metal plate from the bottom.

2nd Item. I don't really know anything about this Bose stuff. I couldn't tell you how many amps they used, but there are a heck of a lot of wires running in and out of this thing!

2nd Question. I was told that this was all functional equipment, and the condition of the console indicates that it came out of either a low mile car or one that was very well maintained! I would guess that it would work.

I was planning to post the amp, subwoofer, 6 disk changer, and complete console wiring harness on ebay to see if I couldn't get $150-$200 bucks out of the whole thing. I don't think I would do as well breaking it up. But hey I'm open to offers. Drop me a note at [email protected] .