2 door 4x4 lift kit .. ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WackAssLife

Reaction score
What would be the best brand of lift kit for about 4-5 times a month off roader? Im looking at no more than 6" and was thinking rancho or skyjacker for the wheel extension for akward angles. Someone mentioned Fabtech ..?

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pro-comp and DC/Extreme suspensions are good choices. Doesn't matter how often you off road, it is how you off road when you do.

2drBlueHoe

Reaction score
x2

do you beat the hell out of it and flex it to the hilt or do you just like to flex and sling a lil mud ??

if you beat the hell out of it, go SAS... you'll thank me in the long run....

if you sling a lil mud and thats pretty much it, then go with a 6" IFS lift ( DC/ procomp/ RCX )

hawgnutts

Reaction score
I researched it a bit & for me I went with a Superlift 6" kit with the dual shock hoops up front with a steering stabilizer and new 1"-3" offset torsion bar keys and a 14-Bolt 9.5 SF rear axle with the 3.73 GovLock.

To lift the back I removed the stock '95 Tahoe front leaf spring mounts and replaced them with front mounts from a '95 1-ton 4WD pickup. I also installed an Energy Suspension master kit w/motor, trans & body mounts.

I also installed an Off-Road Design shackle flip in the back and a U-Bolt flip kit with Superlift traction bars that mount to the front leaf spring mount & the U-Bolt plate above the leaf springs.

I did this to get the lift I wanted and avoid axle wrap caused by installing lifting blocks and also to keep the pinion at the correct angle. I went with Gear Blackjack 18" x 9" wheels w/zero offset on LT275/65R18/E tires w/32.1" O.D. I might be going to BFG LT325/65R18/E tires with 34.1" O.D. after I wear these tires out.

Hope this helps,

hawgnutts

Last edited: