2000 Tahoe Limited (post pics of your limited)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcelroy247

Reaction score
here are some pics of my 2000 limited would love to see some pics of other tahoe limiteds post up yours or just let me know what you think.
P1070119.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

mcelroy247

Reaction score
story of the limited

what you guys kiddin me. here is the scoop on the tahoe limited.

The TAHOE LIMITED is another one of Jon Moss's creations. He got the idea of this "SUV" when it was announced that the "Impala SS" was to be discontinued in 1996.

The "SUV" was suppose to be named the "TAHOE SS" when Jon Moss introduced it at the Detroit Auto Show in 1997. The concept for this SUV was well accepted BUT company politics slowed the production even though is was accepted just as well as the "Impala SS"

The Main problem with this SUV was the name. Insurance rates are already high for SUV's in the states and the addition of the "SS" badging on the Tahoe made it even higher. After many months of debating and scheming, the "TAHOE SS" was renamed the "Tahoe Limited". Production was announced to begin in early spring of 1999 ... WITH A CATCH!!! To make this SUV a true collector amongst the "SS" fanatics, only aprroximately 7500 units were to be manufactured. ALSO, only 1 unit was to be sold for every 3 dealerships nationwide. As of November 2000, Chevrolet still has not released the exact production numbers for the Limited's. These Tahoe's were specially equipped. ALL Limited's are monotone ONXY Black in color and were offered exclusively as 4 door 2WD models. The L31 Vortec 350 cu. in. small block V-8 produces 255 hp. and 330 ft-lbs. of torque @2800 rpm and was tweaked and optimized to 130+ mph. Special 2 tone leather interior with power driver's seat. The custom one off aluminum alloy wheels were produced by "Ronal Wheel" and are 16"x7.5" in size. Other special equipment includes: factory transmission oil cooler, engine oil cooler, increased cooling capacity, "Z56" suspension / performnace package (police and law enforcement use only), 46mm Bilsten shocks, front and rear sway bars (taken from the "Z71" Tahoe 4x4), heavy duty performance enhanced chassis, HD 4 wheel anti-lock brakes, front disc / rear drum (taken from the Suburban), color matched monotone front/rear bumpers and front grill, special ground effects, integrated bumper mounted fog lights, privacy black out window treatment, auto dimming/heated side view mirrors, deluxe sound insulation and "Limited" badging. The roof rack, body side moldings and tow hooks were both factory deleted items.

The only optionpackage available was the "Comfort and Security Package" "code ZM9". This option included carpeted front/rear floor mats, rear air conditioning, 46mm Bilsten shocks, heated driver's and front passenger's seats, power passenger front seat, reversible cargo mat, heated electrochromatic exterior mirrors and a Homelink 3-channel transmitter.

All the Limited's were produced in the same Arlington, Texas assembly plant as the Cadillac Escalade and the GMC Yukon Denalli (all carryover models for 2000), Chevrolet concocted the "Z71" and Limited to appeal to buyers who liked the "old style" better than the new, and to take up some slack in the production schedule while the Texas plant prepared to change over to the redesigned Caddy and GMC. Unfortunately if you like what you see here, 2000 was your only chance to snag one.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^I'm glad you posted this! I saw one on the street the other day and I was wondering about it. I really liked the way it looked, especially the wheels!

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I've heard about it but didn't know the details. Thanks!

Custom73

Reaction score
Very cool. I've never seen one... So your exterior is stock except for the cowl hood? Are those the original rims? Has it been lowered?

mcelroy247

Reaction score
not original wheels cowl hood was added billet grill insert and chrome bowtie smoked the tail lights and corner markers lowered 2 inches with belltech spindles and shackles

topspeed02

Reaction score
I used to have a Limited back in 2002 and a old man totaled it for me. I loved that truck. It was so clean.

00tahoess

Reaction score
here's mine

here are a couple of pics of mine

Attachments

• Tahoe SS 2.jpg
    Tahoe SS 2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Tahoe SS 3.jpg
    Tahoe SS 3.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 12

00tahoess

Reaction score
Nope but due to the dealer engine mods for the SS package they put together I am on my third transmission. Besides what they did when it was new (they modded 5), I added a K&N cold air intake, hypertech programmer, flowmaster R inch exhaust, and this week a 2 inch DJM lowering kit I have Michelin 255x65R16 latitude touring HP tires on the original Ronal custom wheels.

Rocster9

Reaction score
Nope but due to the dealer engine mods for the SS package they put together I am on my third transmission. Besides what they did when it was new (they modded 5), I added a K&N cold air intake, hypertech programmer, flowmaster R inch exhaust, and this week a 2 inch DJM lowering kit I have Michelin 255x65R16 latitude touring HP tires on the original Ronal custom wheels.
How many miles did you have on the first transmission?

03undercover

Reaction score
I thought it was a way to get rid of the last body style ? how many joe gibbs were made ? ... I find it weird abt the insurance thing because my 06 ss trailblazer was listed as just a trailblazer then the insurance company found out the next yr an made the others higher .

00tahoess

Reaction score
First trans went at 75k, second at 150k. I now have 167k on it. When this one goes I am going to look into a 4L80E.

Turq

Reaction score
I know these things are not known for their gas mileage but what are you guys seeing with them? Highway and city would be great. Thanks!

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics of my 2000 limited would love to see some pics of other tahoe limiteds post up yours or just let me know what you think.
P1070119.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

im not a fan of dropped hoes but thats pretty damn clean. nice job on the shoes. (wheels&tires)