Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tishaw16

Reaction score
Hi!

The heat in my truck works but will not switch over to defrost or on my feet. Can any one PLEASE tell me what the problem is? Also, I have to fill my anti-freeze often and can smell it thru the vents, although I haven't seen it leaking on the ground or anywhere else. Can anyone advise as to what that issue is? And my windshield wiper fluid does not work for the front or back and it is FULL with the fluid. Can someone please help me!

Thank you!

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely you will need the mode door actuator for the air delivery issue.. as far as smelling coolant put it on recirculat give it time to clear out for a good 15-20 minutes if it still smells like coolant most likely going to be the heater core, if it doesn't might want to look closely at the water pump or the heater hoses that lead into the firewall, as far as the washer pumps do you hear them run at all when you activate them from the switches? Or nothing at all

ronand2020

Reaction score
I had the same set of problems. New blender door was required. Also after many hours of searching, the plastic had separated from the drivers side of the radiator. Very tiny leak that was not obvious until I took off the plastic cover covering top of radiator. I was adding water once a week and engine always smelled hot and sweet from the antifreeze. Also when I removed the cap on the coolant tank there was little to no pressure. I installed an aftermarket radiator and problem solved.