2003 Tahoe LS--Adding 3rd row seating?? Can it be done??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ozzierado

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a 2003 Tahoe LS for about $15K. I think it's an ok deal with 58K miles and it's in excellent condition. However, I really want with the 3rd row. This model only has the 2nd row with plenty of cargo room. Can adding a 3rd row be done? Also, what do I need to look for when inspecting this vehicle?

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the cargo area have the hook ups for the 3rd row ? My 3rd row is 2 seats that sit on a recessed track type system

ozzierado

Reaction score
No. The cargo area is flat. However, when I feel the floorboard cargo area, I can feel indentations where I think the seats bolt down. Not sure if i can cut into the floorboard.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the track system in the cargo area. Every Tahoe has those cargo hooks in the back. You should look for other GMT800 Tahoe's I suggest if you want a 3rd Row.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope the indentations are deep ? I looked at mine and they set in about 1.5 to 2 inches