2003 Tahoe LT splicing into slave tape deck for auxiliary output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am wanting to tap into my slave tape deck and splice an auxiliary output for 1/8 inch audio jack. Just wondering if anybody has specific suggestions.

A few issues to take into consideration; everything is stock. The tape deck is obviously not in the best shape since its so old. Just wondering if anybody has any write ups.

Thanks,

Conley:smokin:3

Capt_Caveman

Reaction score
You can use THIS link as a guide. I did this with a 6 CD changer. You just need to determine which wires are the audio inputs from the slave to the radio.

FishinCricket

Reaction score
You can use THIS link as a guide. I did this with a 6 CD changer. You just need to determine which wires are the audio inputs from the slave to the radio.
Looks very helpful, thank you!

Edited to Update:

I followed the guide and now have an awesome auxiliary input installed in my dash! Cost me a whoppin $9 and an evening of fiddling with it:
F770ABAE-530C-4348-898E-29CDAA9F137C-1656-00000330D9BBCFA4.jpg

Last edited:

fjmichaels

Reaction score
Excellent post. I bought a replacement pocket for the cassette player and now I can add an aux jack. I'll post back after I'm done with the results. Thanks!