2007 Tahoe AC/Recycle air not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justcallmejoe

Reaction score
I have a 07' Tahoe and the AC will not work. I push the AC button at the climate control and it flashes 3 times and goes dark. Zero function. The same goes for the recycle air button. Push it, it blinks 3 times and goes dark.

I have a feeling this is an ambient temp sensor problem. I have located the sensor outside of the truck behind the front grill. I plan on swapping out the sensor. Cheap part and easy fix. Figured this would be the best place to start.

That said...I have read a few times online that there may be interior sensors that could be causing the problem. Does the 07' Tahoe have a sensor in the rear view mirror? If so this is likely the problem. I bought my Tahoe last fall and when I did I asked the dealer to fix the in dash reverse backup screen. It wasn't working at all. The dealer replaced the rearview mirror and added a small rear camera. The camera links directly to the mirror and the mirror has its own video screen in it. Now before the mirror swap im am pretty positive that the AC was working fine. Ive had no reason to have AC on again until now so it's hard to tell if the problem is definitely linked to the mirror swap or not.

Any tips or info on getting this straightened out would be appreciated. If this problem is linked to the rear view mirror swap is there any way to bypass the ambient temp sensors altogether?

Thanks!