2007 Tahoe Engine misfire and stabilitrak/traction control off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gshirdon

Reaction score
Hi,
We are looking to get a remanufactured engine for our Tahoe instead of engine exploration. Has anyone had luck when they replaced their engine?

4 weeks ago we had the 4-wheel drive "serviced" then the engine started misfiring and it the check engine light came one and it said "stabilitrak off" tranction control off" about 2 weeks later. Then a week after that when I turned it on in the morning and put it in reverse it shook and bucked when I stopped and then went to go again. They replaced plugs, wires, cleaned throttle body. Didn't fix problem. Then put cleaner in oil tank and gas tank. Still not fixed. Now saying it may be cam lifter and have to take engine apart. Or get new engine.
:(
We, as others, have had numerous problems with our Tahoe. We bought a 2007 with 50k miles on it in 2009. We have been replacing parts since the beginning. Most were covered under warranty but now we are on our own. Just looking to find out what year engine people got and if they have had problems since?

BlueBaja

Reaction score
07 Misfire

I bought a 2007 Tahoe Used in 2012.. I have had many problems with it also.. It was supposed to be a certified used vehicle but the dealer I bought it from did go through it like they should. I took it to the dearler for a rear end noise and they said it was fine.. Now my carrier bearing has gone out and i no longer have warranty.. But just the other day the tahoe left my wife and kids stranded because of a misfire... tracking control message keeps going off as well as a Throttle Postition Sensor code... I get a message of a misfire of cylinder 7. so far i changed the plug and accomplished nothing.. next im going to check the TPS... It seems alot of these Tahoes are having this problem.

dipstick

Reaction score
Need to check/scan for codes,if you have a code sure you do.
Anytime a code you will loose traction control.
Will not get traction control back till you fix the problem .
Tps is not serviceable have to replace the throttle body.
One good thing you get message misfire#7 try swapping coils with another cylinder
see if misfire goes away on #7 ..may also be the injector.
Also if i had more time could help more .may not be #7 if you take it to a shop have them to do a balance check on the misfire.

Reese

Reaction score
Has anybody found a solution for this? I’m having the same issue with Misfire on Cylinder One.. New Spark Plugs, New Coil, New Wire, New Injector and New Coil Bracket wiring.. I have been just throwing money at this truck with no results of fixing this problem. Please help.. Any advice.. I don’t know what else to replace or check.