2007 Tahoe navigation error: no map disc installed, no clock display. HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snake91876

Reaction score
Just got a used 2007 tahoe from a dealer and assured everything worked. Well the navigation is not working right , we install map disc and it says disc installed is not a map disc. Called the dealer back which is 60 miles away and they sent us a new map disc that they said they new worked . We tried it but it doesnt work either. Two other problems is a red line thru the gps symbol and no clock display just the colon : that would be between the numbers. It seems i need a software update , anybody got one or know how to obtain one. I dont want to pay the dealer when i can pop in the disc and update. Please help , Thanks.

Kunihiro

Reaction score
Well,

I don't know if I can help you, since i got rid of the nav system in my '08, for a Pioneer double din unit.

I'm presuming you have the correct year Nav manual for your car? If not, here is a link you can download the right Nav manual.

http://home.earthlink.net/~genestoy/2007_tahoe_yukon_nav.pdf

The disc you received from the dealer, are you putting it into the DVD slot? IF you are, that's not where it goes. Or, are you pushing the right buttons to activate the opening of the screen? When you hit the right buttons, there is a DVD slot behind the LCD screen where the mapdisc is inserted.

Page 44 of the Nav manual will give you step by step instructions on what buttons to push to activate the LED screen movement for the Mapdisc insertion.

Sorry, don't mean to insult your intelligence. There just wasn't enough info on your post.

Hope this helps

Allen