2007 tahoe whining noise while in drive..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epadams91

Reaction score
Hey yall, my 2007 tahoe v8 4wd has started making a very low whining noise while in drive and accelerating only. You let off the gas and it stops and it doesn't do it in neutral or park. The transmission shifts fine everything else drive wise is perfectly fine. When I first take off I caint really hear it until i get to about 20-30mph i let off the gas it goes away. If anything is on in my truck air radio anything like that you caint hear it and it doesnt really get louder but you can tell it's there especially when I let off the gas and then touch it again. To me it reminds me of how deep tread new tires sound just maybe not as loud??? Any ideas? Thanks

Balliii

Reaction score
Hey yall, my 2007 tahoe v8 4wd has started making a very low whining noise while in drive and accelerating only. You let off the gas and it stops and it doesn't do it in neutral or park. The transmission shifts fine everything else drive wise is perfectly fine. When I first take off I caint really hear it until i get to about 20-30mph i let off the gas it goes away. If anything is on in my truck air radio anything like that you caint hear it and it doesnt really get louder but you can tell it's there especially when I let off the gas and then touch it again. To me it reminds me of how deep tread new tires sound just maybe not as loud??? Any ideas? Thanks

Hello, how’s it going? Now let me be clear, I am not a mechanic, but from your description the first thing I would check is your power steering fluid level. Have you checked that yet? Sometimes if the pumps low on fluid they’ll make a whining noise but usually gets louder when you turn the wheel. But In my experience that issue has never reminded me of new aggressive tires on the road. If the power steering isn’t the issue maybe check the alternator or water pump and all your other pulleys as well as your belt. Hope that helps some, those are the things I would take a look as first regarding a whining noise.

Good luck!