2008 Denali Crome Wheel Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajay

Reaction score
2008 Denali Chrome Wheel Rust

The chrome spoke wheels on my Denali look like they're starting to rust after a winter season and exposure to road salt. I can clean them up with chrome polish but hey, it's an expensive vehicle. This shouldn't happen. Anyone else have this problem? :mad2:

Last edited:

02Lightning

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed mine rusting when I brought it home from the dealer new. They are replacing all 4, I’m just waiting for them to come in. I bought a left over 2008, maybe sitting on the lot for a year had something to do with it?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get them replaced then sell them and go aftermarket!
Plus it probably not rustiong but rust pit stains from train tracks and other rusted debris on the road!

GMCYukonDenali

Reaction score
The chrome on at least two of my Denali rims is peeling in several locations--I am scheduled to get replacements this spring. I am very displeased with the low quality of the chrome. I had to meet with a GM regional representative (very nice person) for warranty reasons and I was told that environmental regulations have resulted in less robust plating. The GM rep. also told me that road salt/chemicals in “the North†cause lots of problems for chrome rims. My response, don’t sell a car with chrome rims in “the North†if they won’t hold up.

catnhat fan

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. Noticed small rust spots on all of the wheels. Took it in and explained what I had found and they replaced all four wheels under warranty.

Wait until you need an oil change and rotation, see if you can get both for free??