2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torres

Reaction score
"The 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid, featuring the world’s first two-mode hybrid propulsion system in an SUV, will offer consumers a 25-percent improvement in overall fuel economy when it arrives at dealerships toward the end of next year..."

This is from a short review on the 2008 new GMC Yukon Hybrid, presented at the 2006 LA Auto Show. You can also view a photo gallery with the SUV.

X08GM_YU004_cw.jpg

X08GM_YU003_3w.jpg

You can read the whole review article here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/gmc/gmc-yukon-hybrid-ar16855.html

bobbyg123

Reaction score
Without trying to sound too negative, a 6000lb tow rating is inadequate for a vehicle of this size in my opinion. That's the primary issue with hybrid technology where large trucks and SUV's are concerned.

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty cool. I know what you're saying about the 6,000 pound towing but the majority of people who drive these do light or no towing. In my opinion I don't think it's too big of an issue. Nice to see the manufacturers teaming up.