2010 tahoe with ticking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balliii

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tahoe owners, this is my first post here. I haven’t been able to find any other posts that quite resemble the issue I’m having. So, for about a few months I’ve noticed a faint ticking noise only when pulling my trailer. Now for about a week I’ve noticed it without a trailer but very faint. I’m not sure if I can hear it in park when revving it to about 2,000rpm or if it’s just me, but as soon as I shift into drive and hold the brake while revving the noise is immediately there and much more pronounced. I don’t believe it’s piston slap, the noise is there from startup to operating temp. I just can’t determine if it’s in the top half of the engine, like a damn lifter, or the bottom half which I hope not. But it seems the noise is only noticeable if the engine is under a load. Had I left anything out that might help diagnose the issue, just ask. If anyone can think of any possible issue that could cause that, I would really appreciate it if y’all could help.

Thanks, Tyler