2011 Chevy Tahoe heating issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

40Aldog

Reaction score
I am asking help in diagnosing an issue I am having problems with my HVAC. Right now I am only getting cold and warm air to blow out of my vents, even with the temp roller selector all the way to hot. As some back information, during the summer when running the a/c sometimes I would notice the air was not as cold as it should be. I discovered by rolling the selector to warm then back to cold it would then start blowing cold air.

Now it is winter and I would like to be warmer. I have tried rolling the selector to cold and back to warm, opposite of the summertime fix, however this does nothing. I have no issues with where air blows out of. Example I can select floor, defrost, dash vents, all works correctly. Only thing that does not is my hot air.

I have no issues with engine temperature, runs about 210 (I think that is the number, straight up), takes normal time for the temperature to start moving. This to me tells me the thermostat, heater core, etc are working, in addition I do get warm air so I am getting fluid flow.

I read a lot about recalibration but these posts are for models prior to my 2011. I have not tried them. I also read a lot about actuators. Honestly I don't fully understand if they only affect door dampners or if they do effect temperature control. Before I started replacing them I was hoping to gain some insight from an expert.

I am asking for help, I am only getting warm air when selected to high temperature on my 2011 tahoe. manual control knobs, not electronic.

Thank you

Terryfyd

Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't help you, but I hope someone has an answer. I am having a similar problem with my 2010 Tahoe. Even with the passenger control function off, while the main is set to 90 degrees, the driver side puts out hot air and the passenger side puts out cold air. This is the case for defrost, dash, and floor outputs. This might be electronic or an actuator?