2012 Tahoe stops being a truck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont like unibody cars, let alone SUVs. My Grand Marquis was body on frame, and thats why, after wrecking it NUMEROUS times, it still stayed in perfect alignment and the tires didnt wear funny. It got t-boned and had to have the whole passenger side pretty much replaced, and I hydroplaned and got thrown into a pole at 55 mph. Not only did I just up and walk away from both wrecks, the car wasnt near totaled, and there was NO frame damage from either wreck. Try doing that in a unibody anything.....

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full frame is generally much better off-road. Yes, I know the "trail rated" Jeeps are unibody (not the Wrangler) but the trails they can handle are limited. The full frame trucks can be lifted, therefore have more serious tires, and withstand the riggors of truly rough trails without breaking. So, if going out to play off-road....or needing to go off-road to get to where you want to play....is one of the reasons for owning a certain vehicle, best stick with body-on-frame.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
The full frame is generally much better off-road. Yes, I know the "trail rated" Jeeps are unibody (not the Wrangler) but the trails they can handle are limited. The full frame trucks can be lifted, therefore have more serious tires, and withstand the riggors of truly rough trails without breaking. So, if going out to play off-road....or needing to go off-road to get to where you want to play....is one of the reasons for owning a certain vehicle, best stick with body-on-frame.

The new Jeeps are crap too, there was a picture a while back if a tree branch shoved right through the floor board of a new Wrangler while off roading. The prvious generation Jeep was better.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me I would prefer to have it stay like it is. If they change it will make a difference in quality. At least in the first years until they get it to work right.

Jim

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet it somehow gets smaller than it is now too. This sucks.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps Grand Cherokees are unibodies as well, and while there are pros and cons to both. Even the jeep can be built up to be tougher. Although, if you are in a major accident they are much harder to repair (from what I know).