2013 Tahoe bench seat latch/release issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirKaboomski

Reaction score
Hi all and greetings! At my wits end here.

Ever since I bought my Tahoe (brand new) the 60/40 bench seat in the back has had an irritating issue.

The 60 side (driver side) manual release lever that is on the BACK of the seat near the floor doesn't feel like it latches all the way. The passenger side latch looks and feels fine..
You know how there's about a half inch of play in the lever when you lift it, before it actually engages the release? The 60 side (the driver side) part of the bench seat, does not have any play.. it seems to immediately engage the release.

Visibly, when you slam the seat down the lever on the left sits higher than the lever on the right. If you lift up on the lever, it feels like it is grinding on something, like metal on metal inside the seat. When you drive the truck the lever will gradually vibrate upwards until one day, the back of the seat will release and slam down.

It's been to the dealership repeatedly and they keep telling me there's no issue. Finally got them to supposedly replace all of the latches but the problem still exists, and to top it all off they put my seat together incorrectly the last time.

I left it there and they are looking at it again but they can't seem to figure out what the problem is... What do I do? I need this issue fixed as it is unsafe. If I am ever in a collision and someone is sitting in the seat and that latch lets go, someone could get hurt much more than they would if the seat was correct..

Is it the mounts in the floor the seat latches onto?? Could they have been crooked from the factory?? Is there any way I can request the dealership get someone from GM to come look at it?

Any input is appreciated.