2013 to 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently test drove the new Tahoe, and they are quite nice. The tech in them is amazing. I really though could not appreciate the new styling cues, especially the headlight design. The Z71 package on the new Tahoe was a major let down as far as the look of it. Looked too similar to the base LS with light to little differentiation. Honestly one thing I would say, and maybe Im a minority, I love the older 2007-2014 Tahoe, especially the look of the Z71. After considerable thought, I traded my 2013 Summit White for a Black 2014 Z71. It has the heavy duty trailer package as the only variation from my 2013. I absolutely love it. Can say enough about the Bose System and the ride comfort.

Last edited:

Dace

Reaction score
The thing that scares me is GMs history with making things look nice and having decent tech by there being major quality issues.

Otherwise we would be getting a new Tahoe LTZ. We will see how these hold up. The GMT900 series have had to many quality issues to make me jump on the new Tahoe.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that scares me is GMs history with making things look nice and having decent tech by there being major quality issues.

Otherwise we would be getting a new Tahoe LTZ. We will see how these hold up. The GMT900 series have had to many quality issues to make me jump on the new Tahoe.

I may be in the minority, but I think the older generation GMT900 were pretty solid vehicles with minor outliers in the group.

Which Tahoe do you drive?

Dace

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I think the older generation GMT900 were pretty solid vehicles with minor outliers in the group.

Which Tahoe do you drive?

Bought a GMT400 brand new in 1995. Then a 2008 GMT900.

Dace

Reaction score
Thank you. Did you have problems with your gmt900. We're there more in regards to the gmt400.
Thanks

There were a lot more with the GMT900. New front end ball joints at 80k miles, interior chrome handles peeling (there is a TSB for this thankfully), massive cracking of the dash (another common area that GM is refusing to address for nearly all owners), paint on the A/C buttons coming off (another common area that GM is refusing to address for nearly all owners), peeling rubberized parts on the steering wheel (another common area that GM is refusing to address for nearly all owners), clear coat failing on paint even when Tahoe was garaged, paint fading on exterior plastic parts, clear coat failing on wheels and peeling off, air sensor above drivers head failing and causing a horrible noise, A/C lines in engine bay leaking and needing to be replaced, rear captains chairs arms coming loose constantly, rear captions chairs cap covers breaking and front accessory plug covers breaking. I am sure there is something I am missing.

This is all in a vehicle with less than 90k miles. We love the look size and features of our 2008. However the quality is abysmal. Our 1995 on the other hand is built awesome. It had almost 200k miles before we got rid of it (it was stolen then recovered). The biggest issue with the GMT400 versions is the sagging doors due to the door pins wearing and the bushings wearing. But this is a $100 fix. Nothing major ever went wrong with it.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration. Thanks for the detailed write up. Ironically I have the tahoe going in for warranty work sat. Roof ditch molding came undone, water leak from drivers side a pillar, grinding window on rear paasenger, and loose driver rear mirror.

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also honestly bought the tahoe knowing that it would have the usual gm nuances, I just wanted solid mechanical dependability and functionality.