3M Automotive Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolis4me

Reaction score
Some new chrome pieces that I want to install come backed with that super sticky 3M two sided automotive tape. I know that this stuff is the best, but I'm having a crazy time trying to install ANYTHING with this tape; I don't have a chance to properly place and position the piece no matter how careful I am, 'cause as soon as the tape touches, THAT'S IT. no more movement!! There are some tricks out there that I know of for certain things, like contact cement (waxed paper) or applying decals (soapy water) and I wondering if anyone has a similar tip to help me out with this 3M tape.
Thanks guys

07burb

Reaction score
What are you installing that requires 3M tape? I hope it's not a bunch of tacky stick on chrome!

I don't know of any tricks other than make sure it's positioned properly before it touches metal. If it's stick on chrome please step away from the vehicle and throw the stick on chrome in the trash :D

coolis4me

Reaction score
TACKY stick on chrome isn't a problem for me to install...it's that SUPER STICKY stuff that's giving me a headache!!