98 Chevy Thahoe Code P0410

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought my Tahoe a few months ago.. It was used and my wife test drove it and not me.. Big mistake.. The following day I got into the truck and saw that the check engine light was on...

So I started guessing on what things needed to be fixed.. First thing there was NO intake on the truck as all.. So I bought an OEM intake and then bought a K&N air filter from K&N.. That still didnt work. I tried tricking the system by turning the light off and then driving it around and then testing it before the light would come back on.. That didnt work.

Well to make a long story short it ended up needing the Smog/Air Pump.. The truck now passes with flying colors.. The smog tech was actually suprised on how good the emisions test was on the truck..

clkelley

Reaction score
Good deal, I am kind of surprised it didn't have an intake of any kind... Glad you figured it out...

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would have to have an intake on it, the MAF is in the intake and if there isnt any airflow it wont calculate a fuel charge that will work AFAIK..... Perhaps you were missing the airbox or something?

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Engine Light

Good deal, I am kind of surprised it didn't have an intake of any kind... Glad you figured it out...

Yes my wife and I where dumb we bought the truck at night.. My wife was the one that test drove it and didnt mention to me that the check engine light was on.. So thats my fault.. But then when I called him the next day about the light being on he fed me some BS that he dropped the battery on the intake and it only needs a new filter..HA So needless to say I was suprised when I popped the hood and didnt see any form of an intake on there.

Then I purchased an OEM intake system then a K&N drop in air filter.. Still didnt pass.. So then we brought it to a local shop and they replaced the smog pump and then it now passes with flying colors..

:happy160:

HeadLightBulbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CODE

my truck had the same issue except it turned out to be a water hose wierd!!!

Well on our way home from dinner last night the light came back on.. We drove it by our local shop today to see what the code was but they where out to lunch.. So I will try it again shortly or in the next few days..

I guess the good thing is that I got it to turn off long enough to pass smog.. But the bad part is that it turned back on with a current unknown code...

Sucks I paid around $300 to get it fixed but its back on..

:help:

clkelley

Reaction score
Go by Autozone or Advanced Auto and have them read the codes for you, they usually do that for free and can even lookup the usual diagnoses procedures for the code. That being said, you can also do that and post the codes here so we can help narrow down the true root problem...