99 tahoe stalls and cranks right up again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damelvin

Reaction score
Runs fine when its runnning. Does not sputter at all. Does not matter if in drive or park, moving or not moving. No codes. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Random_Hero

Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind for me is ignition switch (more of a harness really) I had a problem with my truck - 98' 2dr Hoe - it would stall at traffic lights or after i parked and then fire right up again. Eventually it got so bad it wouldn't turn over or activate the Acc relay unless i reached under the dash and wiggled the harness (its a black connector 12pin i think)

damelvin

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check that next. I changed the fuel filter and no problems for over a week. Then it started doing it again.

blackdiamond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with relay/ fuse push in activities. lol. Then in a 99 hoe you can hear the fuel pump... when the truck dies does the pump die with it? Ck engine light? Cam sensor wiring secure and in good condition? and yes that harness would cause that problem. Does it do it all the time or only sometimes?

phil816

Reaction score
i had the same prob and it was the rotar and cap.. tune up??

damelvin

Reaction score
Sorry for the delays. I appreciate everyone's response but had other issues requiring my attention. I have not checked any of the sensors. I assumed that I would get codes if those were the issue. I am starting back on this project and now find that the vehicle hard to start. Turns over fine but takes a several revolutions to start. Runs fine when it starts and has not stalled yet.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the CKP sensor, also check fuel pressure.....