A/C Clutch will not engage without a jumper wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlhurst21

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum, I have a 2001 Yukon XL 248k ish miles. Bought it back in April and haven't had any issues until about 2 weeks ago. On my way to work one morning the AC started blowing hot half way there, then on my way home it lasted about 2 mins before blowing hot.

Since then I have replaced the Compressor, Accumulator, Orifice tube, rear expansion valve, relay switch, low pressure switch, and now the PCM. The only reason I put on a new PCM, is because I took it to a shop and paid them 75 to run a diagnostics on it and they said there was a ground fault on the PCM and quoted 864 to fix it, I did it my self and saved $$. Anyway that still didn't fix it.

I can jump the relay with a paperclip and engage the clutch and it will get cold, but a paperclip isn't a fix. What am I missing, I have read where people have changed the Climate control panel and solved the problem, others have changed the panel and still have no air. When my paperclip is inserted my low side pressure is about 35psi and high side is 140ish. With paperclip out low side jumps up to about 75/80psi and stays due to the compressor not coming on.

I am about 800 bucks into this thing and am running out of my repair money. I don't want to keep buying parts that I don't need. I am at a complete loss! Any advice would be appreciated. :help:

punkdevito

Reaction score
If I blows and runs fine with paper clip. It's gotta be electrical

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk