Almost broken into...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
My wife was leaving for work yesterday morning and came back inside and told me my driver's window was shattered. I went out to take a look, and sure enough it was shattered. Looked like someone was trying to pry the window out from the frame and then the glass shattered and set the alarm and spooked them off. Neighbor said they heard my alarm go off about 5 a.m., then heard a car door slam shut and take off. Thankfully they didn't get in and there was no other damage. I bought a new glass that morning, replaced it, then tinted it. Finished everything before the afternoon. Luckily it only put me out $60 for the new glass and whatever gas I spent to go out of town to pick up the glass.
I hate leaving my truck outside, but I have another car and projects taking up space in the garage. Guess it's time to clear it out. Can't have anything nice without worrying about other people trying to steal or vandalize your property.
Here a couple pics taken from my phone, so they aren't the best pics.
57abcf14.jpg

03d17688.jpg

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that Sucks. Same thing happened to me this time last year. They didn't steal any of my audio equipment, just broke the brackets that held my cap, the window, bent plate that hold the face of the radio a little, and my door handle. Glad they didn't take your stuff. People now a days have no respect, Ive had my cars egg'd, my buddy had a window on his jeep shot with a bb and shatter'd his window.

180002554_c5655c2a00.jpg

180002601_4708ec3db1.jpg

180002732_8151bf537c.jpg

KUNTRY

Reaction score
lighting

I feel ya'll pain!..But as a suggestion for my brother JK, have those motion lights installed on youre property. Especially along the driveway and or on the garrage. It definetly gets attention whenever somebody comes along, and or a timer switch for the room closest to the drive way. We leave a light on in the kitchen, which faces the driveway, with the curtains pulled. So you dont know if were up or whats going on in there. The last thing they want is to try you when you're up and ready for them. Since we installed the lights and what not, nobody try's running across the back yard, or approaches the driveway, unless thier coming over.
I remember peeking out the window before, to actually see people checking the houses out. Everyone that was lite, the rolled by, only the dark ones, did they actually slow down and or stop. Needless to say, I quickly opened the door in uniform, wearing my piece, as if I was checking the mail. " Evil Grin "....What can I say, I belive in watching out for each other, its the ARMY in me " Hooah "......

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry little punks. At least they didn't get your DD or even the whole truck. My Dodge was stolen and striped. It was the worst feeling and the truck never felt the same. I sold it shortly after it was fixed ( $6,000 worth of damage).

Attachments

• 10070952_2007414613241.jpg
    10070952_2007414613241.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 7

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your news JK, glad they didn't get anything except give you the broken window. I agree, motion lights are an excellent deterrant, bad guys like the darkeness to lurk around and more than likely they will just move on to the next target. Protect your investment brother!!:thumbsup:

NJ04HOE

Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear that... It hurts to even look at pics like that because it has happened to me in the past so I feel your pain.
I agree with KUNTRY about the motion lights on your property, I have them and even if your not awake or home it still makes somebody thats up to no good more visible to neighbors or anybody else around.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it JK. My RX-8 was broken into and vandalized in October of last year. They beat all the windows in with something, i'm assuming a bat. They also beat in both my doors and my hood. Inside they ripped apart my dash and took a knife to my black and red leather. They also stole a couple thousand dollar ring I had bought for my girlfriend just a few hours earlier. It was pretty sad, but fortunately insurance covered it all.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry little punks. At least they didn't get your DD or even the whole truck. My Dodge was stolen and striped. It was the worst feeling and the truck never felt the same. I sold it shortly after it was fixed ( $6,000 worth of damage).

SICK looking Dodge, Brandon.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate people that break into cars. Lets face it we're all human and we're not going to do everything right everytime, but I could never stoop low enough to break into someone elses property and steal from them. There's no pride in that, something that criminals lack anyway.

My step mom's Lexus was egged once, and the Yukon was in the driveway right in front of it at the time, but it never got egged. Fortunatly I have yet to experience what it's like to have something significant of my own stolen or vandalized. But I do everything I can. I can't park in my garage, but I have a hidden car-port and dog that lives outside. She's a pretty good anti-theft device :cool2:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks dude, at least you have a line on glass and it doesn't cost much to replace. So unfortunate that worthless piles of sh*t have to try taking hard-earned property but that's why I have an alarm and a garage.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank god for the tint. if you didnt have that your window would be shattered in your seat and the thieves would be in your truck, not a good feeling, makes my stomach stir just thinking about it.....

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn...that sucks, def would get some motion lights...so thankful I have a garage and an alarm...the truck gets locked and put inside the garage...

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had my Integra stolen and stripped so i feel your pain! they took everything from the interior, EVERYTHING! seats,center counsol, even the damn glove box! left it sittin on 4 doughnuts, had to drive it home (5 speed) sittin on a milk crate with my head out the sunroof! :cryin:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My alarm is gonna be hooked to a train horn. I'm serious too. I might put one in the upper D pillar too. Cuz if you do get my audio you won't be able to hear it.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks you even had to deal with it, but it sounds like it couldda been way worse. motion lights sound like a good idea!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thnks for the comments guys. I'm just glad the broken glass was all that happened and I replaced and tinted it myself, so that saved some money there as well. I usually leave my lights on, but that night I was working in the garage, and when I closed up for the night, I must have accidentally turned off both the outside and garage lights at the same time. Oh well. My glass break sensor did it's job.
After replacing the glass, I took some extra alarm sirens I had laying around and welded some angle iron together and made a mounting bar with 10 sirens that I bolted in the engine bay of the truck. D@mn, that thing is loud.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it JK. My RX-8 was broken into and vandalized in October of last year. They beat all the windows in with something, i'm assuming a bat. They also beat in both my doors and my hood. Inside they ripped apart my dash and took a knife to my black and red leather. They also stole a couple thousand dollar ring I had bought for my girlfriend just a few hours earlier. It was pretty sad, but fortunately insurance covered it all.
Man, they did you way wrong. I feel your pain on that. Glad to hear the insurance co took care of it for you. I've had that happened to one of my cars a few years ago...but by my psycho ex-wife:

Picture019.jpg

Picture017.jpg

c096a7c5.jpg

Picture036.jpg

In the last pic, it looks worse, but that's because I took it to a buddy's shop and pulled the wheels and front clip and removed the motor I built for it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy crap dude. that sucks, but at least they did not get in and you had it tinted, made for an easy cleanup.

R1W, thats terrible . i dont understand why they made more money beating up your car than just steeling what was in it. makes me glad i have a garage attached to an ADT alarm system. :cool2: :man:

never (thankfully and knock on wood) had a car broken in to, but my dads old cadillac was broken in to while at the dealer, they tried to steel the radio, but because of the theft lock they just ripped up the dash insted, stupid dealer left the doors unlocked, we asked them why they were not using their insurance and they said its your car, we said we asked you to lock it, they just blew us off. so what was more frustrateing than the break in was the @sshole dealers. but they lost the lawsuit and everything turned out ok. he got all the repairs paid for by the dealer, plus the dealer gave us free oil changes, tires, state inspection, any type of flush and detailing for life at ANY Cadillac dealer, so we got the free stuff and didnt have to go back to that dealer.:D

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
son of a biscuit psycho ex wife really did a number on your IROC bro... lol hijodelachingada!!!! sorry for laughing but damn!