Any 4-linked Hoes in here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah its really funny to see there look on there face, but i guess it will take a wile for me to finish my set up, seeing as its my daily driver i will have to wait to get it all and then start, but until then

im going to be getting one of these 2 kits

DJM hanger and shackle kit -3 to -5 inches(can go lower) ($198.99)
DJMHangerkit.jpg

or the DJM axle flip kit -6 inches ($322.99)
DJMFlipkit.jpg

and for the front im getting the DJM torsion bar keys -1 to -4 inches(i can get more with some trimming and tweaking) ($122.99)
DJMKeys.jpg

and for all around im getting the supershocks ($163.96)
DJMsupershoxs.jpg

and this
alignmentkit.jpg

and this just for the handling aspect ($459.00)
WLB-C71_AT.jpg

what do you think, i will be about 5 inches total drop

Last edited:

Tigg

Reaction score
I hear yah, I'm doing the same with my DD. I'm still debating on doing a 4-link lowered or at stock height.
Thats a nice set up, its going to look sick when finished.
I went with the Belltechs 6" flip kit, 2" spindles and 3" coils and Belltech shocks all around. Its all back to stock now. I like Watts links, they're nice. I like the look of certain designs(custom made ones), they look clean and uncluttered. I like the simplicity of a panhard bar.
Do you have any pics of your Hoe?

Tigg

Reaction score
Nice man, looks good. Thats a killer stereo.
I have pictures somewhere around here.
Hold on I'll be back.

Tigg

Reaction score
Hold on I'll be back.

I'm back. Hah, almost 2 years later.
Damn linked Hoes are a topic not spoken about, hah. Just doesnt seem to be very popular.

Did you do your rear set up?

Heres mine, this is after a 3" coil and flip with helpers. I'm going to be installing my spindles soon and letting the air out of my helpers.
DSC02609.jpg

Tigg

Reaction score
Not yet. It took me almost a year and a half to get my drop installed. Granted I moved 800 miles away and bought a house and blah blah blah blah.

Once I get my spindles on and air out my helpers, I'm planning on using that ride hieght as my starting point.

How about you. You get yours done?

Geesh, this forum doesnt get much action, hah.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not at all anymore, and no i have not gotten any more progress, i gave my suspension plans a break for a min. cus now im focusing on performance and planning a full audio system rebuild. and at the moment im rebuilding my transmission and mocking up my turbo build.

Tigg

Reaction score
Gatcha.
I'm planning my performance build as well. Turbo you say, lets hear it. What are your plans for your fuel system/injection? You going with the marine manifold?

2lnblktop

Reaction score
4 links aren't all that calculated of a set up. U just have to double check all your measurements on your bars and make sure the rearend is centered correctly as well as having a correct pinion angle at ride height before installing your upper and lower bars or panhard. And as far as kits go, I wouldn't waste the money, i desighned and built my own triangulated 4 link, desighned and blueprinted the tabs I wanted and had them lasered. The lowers were adjustable, and all new bushings and bolts all for around $200. Beats the hell outta payin $350 for a universal that you still have to do the finish fab work to.

Tigg

Reaction score
You are correct, as long as you are spot on with your dimensions you should be fine as well ascentering your rear-end and pinion. It isnt so bad.

I am very interested in seeing your set up. Do you have any pictures?

I have decided to build my own bars but, I am going to buy my mounting brackets. There are quite a few companies out there that can bend them to any specific degree for a triangulated set-up or have them in stock at the most common degrees. This is will take almost all of the guess work out as well as cut my install time not in half but close.

Now, if I can just figure out how I'm going to install my bars. I have thought about triangulated lowers and parallel uppers. After reading about a 2dr 2wd in a feature article that is what he had and did not have to modify anything.
We'll see.

JonDeere97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive never heard of some one lowering a 4x4.... if i owed a 4x4 id want it high not low thats just me but i dont do the whole 4x4 off road thing, unless if someones like heres my keys have at lol there ride will be destroyed lol