Anybody removed jumpseat or console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working out a plan to install a subwoofer in place of my jumpseat, or possibly purchase a console and put the sub in that. Either way, I need to get my jumpseat out and am not sure how to go about it. There is not much room to get to the 4 bolts that hold the jumpseat brackets down. Has anybody removed their console or jumpseat? Is there some trick to it? TIA!

scooterpie555

Reaction score
we did in our friends LT. remove the seat bolts loosen the ones that are near the doors, and remove the inner ones. This is for the jump seat removal that we did, might be different for a console. You can slide the front seats all the way forward and all the way back to access the bolts in the center. Then once the bolts are removed, you'll see how the jump seat bracket is under the front seat bracket just tilt the front seats one at at time and pull off the jump on both sides. then turn it sideways and out it comes. that's about the best i can explain it. Sorry if its no help...

g/l

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that helps. Were you able to get a ratchet in there, or did you have to use wrenches?

scooterpie555

Reaction score
Either work just fine. If you have the wrenches that are like the ratchets that are reversible and you don't have to take them on and off, like the craftsman one, i can't think of the name of them, you know what I'm talking about, it's works just like a ratchet, but it's a wrench. those work great!!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, don't own any though. Maybe I'll pick some up, thanks.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got around to getting at those bolts to install my console (gutted to fit a subwoofer and amps) only to find that they aren't normal hex head bolts. One is a torx SOCKET (not bit) and the other is a star socket. No stores around here even carry the star socket, not sure where to get one. I got one off with pliers, but it sucked. Any tips??