anyone else have LTZ door handle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txshriner

Reaction score
i have had 3 broken handles on my LTZ. being cheap plastic i could understand them having problems if they were abused but this thing has the easiest life you could imagine!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of some who have gotten cut on the inside handles from the flash on the mold parting line. Pretty poor work if you ask me but probably came from Red China.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the outside handles then yeah, my dad had a broken handle on his 07 Denali, the forward clip was broken and it was pulling out when pulling on the handle. He didn't even know about it until I showed him.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the outside handles then yeah, my dad had a broken handle on his 07 Denali, the forward clip was broken and it was pulling out when pulling on the handle. He didn't even know about it until I showed him.

That's exactly how mine is right now. The forward clip is broken and so I took the car to the Chevy dealer. I was told the part is not available and they don't know when it will be available. I got 0 cooperation from the service dept, escalate it to their service manager and he said the same thing. So now I have a call in to GM.

Small things like this make me regret buying american cars. Anytime any type of issue has ever arisen in any of the BMW and MB, it's resolved immediately and professionally.

txshriner

Reaction score
cheap made junk but high high dollar price tag!

Inside or outside handles? I haven't had any problem so far.
im talking about the LTZ chrome outside plastic handles. they have 2 studs moulded into them that stick into the door where they have a nut on the back. all of mine the plastic holding the stud has busted out. when i had it at the dealer getting the second one put on i had been trying to buy their 09 Z06 so i had the owner of the dealership standing beside me when i went to leave and the driver door handle broke right in front of him. the look on his face was priceless. my service dept. they are $186 if not covered under warranty. luckily mine have been covered.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!... I was just about to post on this. 1st the driver's door, now the front pass door, 2 mths later. Just the front part of the handle seems to brake or come lose. the rear still holds. This must be a real bad design. I guess GM figured no one would use the "door handles" that much. :rolleyes2: go figure.

The dealer replaced the 1st handle that broke, So I guess I'll be making another trip to see them. Sucks.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!... I was just about to post on this. 1st the driver's door, now the front pass door, 2 mths later. Just the front part of the handle seems to brake or come lose. the rear still holds. This must be a real bad design. I guess GM figured no one would use the "door handles" that much. :rolleyes2: go figure.

The dealer replaced the 1st handle that broke, So I guess I'll be making another trip to see them. Sucks.

Door handles? Who needs those? I just welded up my doors and crawl in through the window. :crazy:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only problem with my door handle is the cheap "chrome" film is peeling off.

sdoo25

Reaction score
We've got the same problem. Front passenger door handle has been like this for a while and the front driver door handle just came loose last week. We've got an appointment next week to get them fixed.

jmitchell

Reaction score
I'm on my third driver's door handle as well. All plastic pieces for a $50K vehicle...come on now!!!

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUcks.. part is on backorder. Backordered since the beginning of the month.

The rep said he is seeing lots of handles do the same thing. But he hasn't seen any replaced ones brake again so far. covered under normal warranty.

He also said that all Dealers are having problems getting parts because of the GM layoffs and stuff. :sad:

Last edited:

Jimmy'08'LTZ

Reaction score
Bad driver side door handle on my 08 Tahoe LTZ

Get this, I had the same problem and went to the dealer to get my door handle fixed and another LTZ in front of me had the same driver side door handle broken. This is my first Chevy and loving it, but I hope this is not the beginning of things to come.

tot2learn

Reaction score
I've had my '08 Suburban LTZ for just over 1 week and my rear driver side handle is broken. Calling dealer tomorrow for service.

tot2learn

Reaction score
I've had my '08 Suburban LTZ for just over 1 week and my rear driver side handle is broken. Calling dealer tomorrow for service.

Got mine replaced at the dealer, apparently this happens a lot the service tech said. Too bad they couldn't just replace all of them at once.

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have part numbers for the handles. i need a ltz chrome passenger side front door.

Thanks,

Aaron

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think you can buy them seperate
i might have an extra one i will look and get back to you