Anyone got Autoride suspension on their 07 beasts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine with it but I'm starting to second guess myself because a buddy of mine told me my handling would be like driving a marshmallow. I thought I would be able to suck up bumps with less cabin vibration, but I don't want to sway from side to side if I'm taking a turn.:confused:

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LTZ has autoride and it hardly feels like a marshmallow. It is a far superior ride to any truck I have driven. I love it. I think you'll find it is the suspension of choice for Tahoe owners.

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoride on 2007 Tahoe

I had a 2003 Tahoe that had the Autoride suspension. I swore I would never get it again. The truck was not fun to drive on the freeway. It seemed to have a mind of its own. When I test drove the 2007 I told the dealer that I didn't want the Autoride suspension and told him the reason. He asked that I take a ride in a LTZ and see what I thought. The ride was entirely different than what I had experienced in my 2002. It was a lot more firm and didn't seem to "wallow" when going in a straight line over pavement that was not totally smooth. The ride sold me. I bought the LTZ and think that the ride is one of the best features of the truck.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, input is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the ride then. Can't wait for my Yukon!!!!

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I have another question, with the Autoride suspension, all of you guys have 20 inch rims correct? I didn't opt for them but it's never too late to get them. I guess what I'm wondering is whether this suspension provides a smooth ride even with bigger rims/smaller sidewalls on the tires??? Thanks in advance for any input.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Bear said:
Guys I have another question, with the Autoride suspension, all of you guys have 20 inch rims correct? I didn't opt for them but it's never too late to get them. I guess what I'm wondering is whether this suspension provides a smooth ride even with bigger rims/smaller sidewalls on the tires??? Thanks in advance for any input.

I have the autoride with the 20" wheels and it rides awesome... corners really well and feels stable on all surfaces and speeds... its a must on the 07

drs66

Reaction score
i have the autoride with 22's and it handles great.. no complaints.