Anyone own a Terminator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my initial attempt to get into another S10 fell through because the buyer backed out, I decided to just pony up the cash and get the car I wanted in the first place. I want either a C5 Z06 or 03-04 Cobra. Both are in my budget, but the insurance on the Corvette is nutty (an add'l $2500/yr premium) so I've pretty much scratched that off the list. I can get the Terminator (03-04 Cobra) with a much more reasonable increase in the premium of $4-500/yr so I'll go that route. I won't buy for ~6-9mos since I see no need to make two car payments and I can pay off the Yukon in that time anyway.

Back to the question, has anyone owned one or do they own one and what are your thoughts as an owner? I've checked out some of the SVT and Modular Mustang forums and I don't plan on modding the car much, if at all. I'd like to get one that is as close to stock as possible. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if their anything like my 95 than I say go for it, but make sure its had good matinence done to it, at about 80k your gunna need shocks, struts, tune up, etc. I did that (and other various things, like ac, brakes, power steering, etc) to the tune of 4k. But the car i have is very solid, makes incredible power for its age, can burn rubber like there is no tommarrow, plus cheap and easy to mod my old 5.0, when money gets better i plan on getting a super charger and other cool preformance things to break the 400 hp mark.

o yea, i blew the engine but that was completly my fault as i let her run at a redline for to long, just took a crap right there. stupid coke, Story goes, coke spilled was on the phone (not usually though) and was at a red light, people were honking pressed the gas but couldnt shift out of 1 and blew the engine before I could let off. But new one is in and its running better than ever.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, I had thought about going that route and getting a SN95 cobra, then doing bottom end work, better flowing heads and a Whipple or KB blower, but that's time I don't want to spend. I'd rather buy and drive at this point, so the 03-04 Cobra is my best bet with great flowing heads, factory supercharger, IRS, 6 spd tranny and gobs of power out of the box. I see a lot of guys knocking on 600whp w/ relatively light mods but I don't think I'll keep it forever, just a couple years. For that reason, keeping a stock one makes more sense.

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 03-04 cobra is the only ford i'd buy.. simple mods like pulleys exhaust/intake and tune of course and you will be kicking yourself that you didn't get it sooner. My neighboor has an 04' with a hefty list of mods, one of which is the awesome basani exhaust... I love that thing!!!! and if you get it you will too.