Automatic Fog Lights - 1999-2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This mod is to make your fog lights turn on automatically when starting the truck. This mod also allows you to keep the fog lights on while you have your high beams activated. You CAN NOT turn the fog lights off, they stay on at all times.

Tools Needed.
- (1) Quick Connector.
- (1) Ring Terminal or Eyelet.
- Short Piece of Wire.
- 7MM Socket.

1) Remove the bottom trim. Do so by un-screwing 2 bolts with your 7MM socket.

2) Locate the middle connector on your Body Control Module. It's right below the steering wheel.

3) Look for a green/white wire located on A7. There will be 2 green/white wires but look for the one that's located on the bottom row and it'll have a number 7 below it.

4) Cut the wire.

5) Then ground the wire that's going into your dash to good ground source. Make sure to not ground the wire that's going into your Body Control Module box.

6) Replace everything as your removed.

I'm sorry if there is another thread about this subject, I tried searching but I could not find anything like this, all I found was the 4 high mod. Let me tell you, the 4 high mod added with this automatic fog lights is AWESOME!

Last edited:

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PHP:
Metal Thingy To Connect Your Wire To Ground
Ring terminal or eyelet
2111_300.jpg

Always best when used with a star washer to cut through the paint and primer to ensure a good ground.
star_washer.gif
http://www.circlipindia.com/images/star_washer.gif
http://www.circlipindia.com/images/star_washer.gif

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want them on all the time but I'd like them to come on when my headlights do without having to turn them on manually. Any idea how to do that?

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want them on all the time but I'd like them to come on when my headlights do without having to turn them on manually. Any idea how to do that?

I'm sorry?

Everyone else is trying to disable their day time running lights and your showing them how to make them. Albeit in a different location.

No idea, sorry.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
ive done the fog light trick. i have mine come on auto with the auto headlights. i took out the headlight switch and jumped the wire that is 12v+ when the auto lamps are on to the 12v+ fog lamp wire that is also located at the plug behind the head lamp switch

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive done the fog light trick. i have mine come on auto with the auto headlights. i took out the headlight switch and jumped the wire that is 12v+ when the auto lamps are on to the 12v+ fog lamp wire that is also located at the plug behind the head lamp switch

You're talking the on/off switch on the dash? You remove it and from the back find the fog light wire, remove it from the fog light switch, and splice it into the headlight wire?

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
I just did this on my 01' and everything worked fine. I spliced a wire from the white wire going into the headlight switch and ran it to the purple wire coming out of the fog light switch. The fog lights now come on with the headlights automatically, and stay on with the high beams. They cannot be turned on by themselves but that's not really a big deal to me. Thanks for the idea 02cadiHOE.

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
so im out driving tonight and my headlights would flash on and off at random times, does this have anything to do with auto fog/4 high mod? The flashing would go away if i turned the headlight switch to on from auto, so maybe the sensor that says if the lights should be on or not is bad??

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im out driving tonight and my headlights would flash on and off at random times, does this have anything to do with auto fog/4 high mod? The flashing would go away if i turned the headlight switch to on from auto, so maybe the sensor that says if the lights should be on or not is bad??

Bump

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This mod is to make your fog lights turn on automatically when starting the truck. This mod also allows you to keep the fog lights on while you have your high beams activated. You CAN NOT turn the fog lights off, they stay on at all times.

Tools Needed.
- (1) Quick Connector.
- (1) Ring Terminal or Eyelet.
- Short Piece of Wire.
- 7MM Socket.

1) Remove the bottom trim. Do so by un-screwing 2 bolts with your 7MM socket.

2) Locate the middle connector on your Body Control Module. It's right below the steering wheel.

3) Look for a green/white wire located on A7. There will be 2 green/white wires but look for the one that's located on the bottom row and it'll have a number 7 below it.

4) Cut the wire.

5) Then ground the wire that's going into your dash to good ground source. Make sure to not ground the wire that's going into your Body Control Module box.

6) Replace everything as your removed.

I'm sorry if there is another thread about this subject, I tried searching but I could not find anything like this, all I found was the 4 high mod. Let me tell you, the 4 high mod added with this automatic fog lights is AWESOME!

If I follow this, you now have a wire coming out of the BCM that goes nowhere because you cut it and grounded the other end of the cut. So what do you do with this half?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Put in your pipe and smoke it??

Ok that was lame. But, hey it subsribed me to this thread, haha.

yukon555

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you explain a little further how you connected your fog lights to come on with your auto headlights? Will the fog lights come on with the daytime running lights or just with the headlights? Thanks